Request Tourist Visa For Parents

pedrop

Registered Users (C)
I am currently an Asylee from Colombia, South America.

I want my parents to come to the United States to visit me as my wife and I are expecting a baby. They have never had a visa to come to the U.S.

Is it true that if my parents say that they are coming to visit me (and I am an asylee) that it is very likely that they will deny them the visa? Somehow people have been telling me that Immigration will think that my parents would also request asylum (which is not true).

I could also have them visit a cousin in Florida who is a U.S. citizen.

What is your advise? I appreciate your prompt response as they have the visa interview the first week in December.

Thanks

PEDRO

They can come to visit you.

Hi PEDRO,

My mother in low came to visit me last April and she stayed with us for 3 months.
I sent an invitation to her and they gave her 10 years visa!!!
All you have to do is write an invitation for them to visit you, go to your bank or currency exchange and ask them to stamp it (notary).
I'm sure they will be fine.

Example

PEDRO AULL
6001 April Street
New York, NW 20125
(666)-666-666

November 20th, 2005

Consulate of the United States of America
Bogota, Colombia

Affidavit of Support

To whom it may concern

I, PEDRO AULL, SS #***-**-****, resident of the state of NW, born on 01-01-1975, and residing at 6001 April Street New York, NW 20125, attest that I fully take the responsibility of accommodating father , Juan AULL, passport number ****** and my mother , Sabrina AULL, passport number ******, while on their visit to the United States. This responsibility includes but not limited to food, lodging and transportation.
I am signing this affidavit to ensure awareness of all the responsibility this visit might entitle.
I also hereby, understand that all the information stated above are true to my knowledge, and that I assume the total responsibility if otherwise.

Signature

pedrop said:

I want my parents to come to the United States to visit me as my wife and I are expecting a baby. They have never had a visa to come to the U.S.

Is it true that if my parents say that they are coming to visit me (and I am an asylee) that it is very likely that they will deny them the visa? Somehow people have been telling me that Immigration will think that my parents would also request asylum (which is not true).

What is your advise? I appreciate your prompt response as they have the visa interview the first week in December.

Thanks

PEDRO
Pedro,
Its much bigger chance to get visa if only one of your parents apply.Lets say your mother first , and after she visit you and come back to Colombia , your father can apply.For the next trip they can apply and get visas together.

The visa form will ask them to disclose your present whereabout and immigration status. They have to make a full and honest disclosure. Otherwise it could be considered visa fraud.

I pray for them a safe visit to USA!!!

pedrop said:

Thanks

PEDRO

Pedro, my parents visited me numerous times & never had no trouble getting their visas. I never even had to send them any invitation letter nor any affidavit of support. Now my friend immigration is such a complex thing no one really knows what could happen to your parents at their interview.
But as far as I can think (personal opinion) since by the grace of allmighty God my parents are pretty well off in backhome therefore immigration had never doubted that they will settle down in United States permanantly. Cause most of the times immigration turn some one down thinking this person is not going to return from States & will live there & ask for immigration benefits gradually. But if one can prove that he/she has enough to support them in thier country & all during any travel than under no reasons visa should be denied. But than again my final words are there ain't no telling about this department. Anything could happen. There are so many things associated with this process. Apart from all this even if the interview officer is really nice who knows your parents may even not had to go through any trouble what so ever. So please use your wise judgement. You don't have to be upset or nervous I'm sure by the grace of God your parents will be here soon.
Atique.

atique rahman said:
But than again my final words are there ain't no telling about this department.Atique.

What department are you talking about atique? The application for a visa should be done at the US consulate or embassy in the country where the intended visitor resides. I have had some troubles with getting people here to visit on visas, until my congressperson intervened, and sent a letter to the consulate where my guest was applying.

Good luck to your parents.

Thank You

Thank you guys...

I appreciate your quick response and the support.

I really like this forum....

Thanks

PEDRO

annaraka said:
What department are you talking about atique? The application for a visa should be done at the US consulate or embassy in the country where the intended visitor resides. I have had some troubles with getting people here to visit on visas, until my congressperson intervened, and sent a letter to the consulate where my guest was applying.

Good luck to your parents.
I mean us consulate.