Request to EB-1 self-petitioners

duality

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I am planning to file an EB1 (EA) self-petition in a couple of weeks, by myself. I would very
much appreciate if the folks out there that have done it by themselves are able to
send copies of their petition/cover letters that I could use as templates for my petition. In fact, it would be nice to create a web page where folks that have authored their own petitions could post their letters for the benefit of future petitioners. If I recieve some repsonses encouraging me to do so, I will start working on creating a suitable webpage.

Many thanks in advance.

best regards,
duality

mvr3@excite.com

No Title

Duality:

The letter is not that a big deal for EA. The key is to put together a set of documents that will prove that you are of EA. I went through the same process couple of years ago and I got my I-485 approved yesterday. According to my lawyer,if you are doing an EA yourself, the hurdle is higher for you to cross and you will MOST likely get request for additional information.

If I remember correctly, you must show that you fulfill 3 out of 10 conditions to be ELIGIBLE (not approval). You will need to satisfy over 6 maybe 7 conditions to really satisfy the adjudicator to act positively on your application.

If you have a nobel prize, pulitzer prize, or a national gold medal the case is very simple. However, for mere mortals like me, I provided over 1000 pages of documentation to qualify. These included:
1. 20 recommendation letters from experts from all over the world (Germany, Canada, Australia, India, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Scotland, and of course USA

2. Copies of all the research work I have done

3. All awards that I received (over 6)

4. Show that my salary is over 75% in my peer group

5. Judge of other people work (more than One letter will be needed)

6. So on and so forth.

The letter simply documented my "achievements" in field of finance and used wordings from my awards and recommendation letters to say that I was the best thing after sliced bread. They still wanted more information.

If you still want the cover letter let me know.

BTW my application was approved in both EB1 (EA) and EB2(NIW)

Hope this helps

No Title

Dear Copper Sulphate,

thanks for your well-worded email. I did not check this forum
since I posted my question, and hence the delay in my response.

BTW, your credentials are more than "mere mortal". My "research specs"
are about half of yours and I have no awards :( (yet, that is :)) However, as my O1 petition was approved early this month, I am reasonably hopeful about my EB1-EA prospects.

And, yes, I would, along with the other posters would very much appreciate if you could send me your petition cover letter. Please indicate if I could share it with other folks that are in a similar
pursuit. Here is my email address:

mvr3@excite.com

Many thanks for your help in advance.

mvr

ps: I gather from your other postings that you have a Ph.D., an MBA (I am guessing Harvard or Wharton) and you have started your own company. This on top 6 research awards.. wow!! May be you ARE the best thing since sliced bread :)

No Title

Hi, Copper,
I am so impressed by your nice letter. I am doing application of EB1 and EB2(NIW)by myself too. But I am lack of nececery information about how to do it by myself. Would you be kind enough also give me a copy of cover letter and I will be very appreciate it. Thanks again.
ty.
My email adress is tshang@students.miami.edu