is it location
is it message \'resumed\'
is it date of fp

what is it

CSC is apparently going unsystematically

guys if u can please add to this discussion and discuss the trends

Other people are also upset - read the posts in the april waiters thread

Looks like PD..

.. is playing some role. Not the 485 pd but the actual PD. This is my observation from a 5000 ft level. The June approvals I have seen so far have PD\'s in 98.99 or early 2000. They probably are going month to month but considering early PD\'s first.

But then again it\'s just my view :)

No Title

I have seen some late 2000 PDs also getting approved. My PD is 07/00. But still waiting for the approval notice.

RD - 05/09/01
ND - 07/11/01
FP - 11/14/01

No Title

More or less it goes by RD. Multiple people/officers are working on cases so it can not be purely sequential.
Of course, as you noted, there are exceptions for which, I think there is hardly any reasoning. Some of you with April RD might still be waiting and some with late June RD might have got approval. But these exceptions are just that -- exceptions. Some lucky ones and some not so lucky ones.

look at approvals in

jan 2002 by actual PD not 485 Pd

1998 - judylee , zypwxl , gc_sucks , hash98 , (4)
1999 - Newton , 4852001 , immiviewer , a_chn , feifei , (5)
2000 - pganne , rekharajan , srapsrap , fatcat , vannamal , xuebo , hsc , j2ee , csc_485 ,anika_g\'s friend , lasundara , mohammed yakoob , sdvidwan , bongo , matt paddy , gctrack , sigutha , sowvishy , (18)
XXXX-udayr1 , kakinada , Nano , sureb , pradeep139 , ssk1 , zone , raju datla , seshu , lapd , keepwaiting , Mercygrace , srinivas s venkat , sxm24 , fss , justlikethat ,
alds , obajaj , bhagwan , anika gupta , Chitta kuppuswamy , aibo , tba255 , maxi (24)

very few 98/99 cases as EB3 was not current at that time .
undefined cases were mostly EB2 , so we can assume pd were 2000.
INS is following RD\'s but it depends on INS officer or
more importantly your luck .

have u heard adnan sami\'s song

how does it go
lift kara de

usko diya mujhe kyon nahin diya

translated it means
you gave to him - what about me

many april filers are wondering - why june guys are getting approval
and they r still waiting ?

is it because

a) rfe
b) interview
c) pending reports from cia/fbi/agency/local authorities

or is it that when the files leave the pending file room to the adjudication ready they are not processed by
First in first out (FIFO) basis and are processed
by Last in First out basis (LIFO)

this issue is important - Hope someone can shed light on this.

Maybe you guys have a link to someone or ur attorneys can shed light on this matter.

Maybe we could contact Rajiv Khanna our host ?

Hope my message is read by Rajiv Khanna or one of AILA bigwigs.

rsrgc \'s FIFO LIFO theory

I think for approval, the Officer might need our files physically. That means an INS officer is not approving a case by looking only computer.

CSC may have some protocol to bring the files from some X room to Y room, where it will be ready to assign. But looks like their protocol is not working the way it should work.

Hope most of us experience with Cosco\'s photo. I feel the same with INS.

Think my file is some where down in the pile but same time hoping it will be picked up by some IIO .

any thoughts on location...

Most approvals I noticed were for folks living in Oakland/bay area. Did not see much action for SoCal, AZ, WA or OR. As a matter of fact, I have two colleagues here (in OR) who filed under EB1 in 04/01 (FP in 09/01)and are still waiting, as also other folks who applied under EB2 thereafter.

No Title

hs ks,

Regarding processing order I agree with you. To be assigned, the case need to be adjucation ready (FP Done, AVM message "Processing resumed"), then I guess officers are picking up cases in proper order. But once the case is assigned to officer we cannot predict how long it will take to get approved! It could take any where between few days to few weeks. A simple case with proper documentation may get approved in just couple of days but a bit complicated one (some times may need to get re-assigned or needs some kind of further investigation etc.) may take few weeks. I don\'t think there is any importance to actual PD (NOT I-484 priority date that is printed on FPs which is actully RD). On top of all these things I think each officer will pick up multiple cases at a time. Let\'s say there is a complicated case infront of yours with that officer, then it could get delayed because of no reason too. Also I don\'t expect all officers will process at same speed.

Since we saw a June RD case with 01/17 "resumed" message got approved. I am expecting that when officer picked up that case there were no April, May cases waiting on the shelf for officer assignment so the officer picked up this case, and obviously that officer picked it up after 01/17. So as I wrote earlier, as of 01/17 if your RD is June or before June and adjucation ready then your case must be assigned to officer.

Also note that since May most of the times AVM is properly updated but in earlier cases AVM message is not that realiable. I mean AVM may still say the first message ("900-975 days...") but still the case may be adjucation ready!

Also as "hs ks" wrote there could be some exceptions too...

- PCee

No Title

Most appprovals are for Oakland/Bay area because most of the people
are from Bay area . You casn look at PCee\'s list to confirm this

No Title

My PD is 04/99. AVM says processing resumed on Jan 11. As of yesterday, case is not yet assigned.

No Title

This is the same thing which happend during FP, they were the one who received it first and SO CAL people got it couple of weeks later.
I think same thing is happening now. we should them in couple of weeks.

Pcee : Your theory means RD doesn\'t have much relevance.

You are saying there are not much cases on 1/17 with APR/MAY/ Early JUN RD with
processing resumed. In that case people with later RD and processing resumed will
get the approval as well. Mine RD is 08/08 but 01/23 processing resumed.

No Title

sban,

Correct me if I am wrong, I don\'t think I ever said RD doesn\'t have much relevance! My theory is the processing order can be followed only up to assigning case to an officer and that depends on RD and whether the case is adjucation ready to be picked up. Actual approvals depend on the complexity of the case and effiency and load of the officer that case assigned to.

When an officer goes to the shelf to pick up case(s) and there are no Mar/April/June cases available then it is possible that (s)he will move on to July shelf etc.

-PCee

Interesting

guys- please read this post

It sounds like this is a july approval

well - this makes it more certain that CSC is not moving sequentially

Lucky I guess

rsrgc

187. PD makes different?
Posted By: chan50737 2/1/02 2:27 PM
(#290 of 294) I know a person whose RD is 7/2/01 and got approval last week. But I don\'t know his PD and FP date, but he did his FP earilier than mine (mine is 1/10/01).
There is also someone with RD 6/2x/01 got approval, but they have very earily PD (e.g. 1/2000). I just wonder if there is any affect of PD. Any suggestion?

chan50737 "JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)" 2/1/02 2:27pm
189. I can\'t
Posted By: chan50737 2/1/02 3:16 PM
(#294 of 294) Sorry I can\'t. Because I called my laywer this monday, she said she just received an approval notice that day and she told me the RD is 7/2/01 and the person\'s FP date is earilier than mine. That is all I know. She is also surprised that he is so fast and she can\'t explain that either.
For PD, I just wonder how come some people can be that fast. Most people believe the approval sequence depends on RD/ND, however, some people they got approvals with RD June or July and late FP e.g Dec. 01 or Jan 02. The only difference they have is they have an early PD. May be there are something else, we don\'t know.

chan50737 "JULY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)" 2/1/02 3:16pm

Cannot believe

this unless somebody on pcee\'s list gets approved .
it is just me . may be we will see some july approvals next week .
let us see .