Request for initial evidence sent, case placed on hold

PRholder, what you mean, they might be looking at your file to pre-adjudicate? The date is last week, and the statement stills the same. So there will be another hard LUD? Or they pre-adjudicate, there will be another soft LUD? Thanks a lot

LUD and Preadjudication

what you mean, they might be looking at your file to pre-adjudicate?

From the USCIS website for reference :-
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

To maximize visa number usage while working off its backlog, USCIS has adopted a production strategy that focuses on completing cases where visas are immediately available and on working cases to the point just short of approval (pre-adjudication) where visas will be available in the coming months. Pre-adjudication includes completing all required background checks and resolving all eligibility issues except for visa availability.. This allows for immediate approval and visa number allocation as visas become available for pre-adjudicated cases.

Regarding LUD:- I read in the forums, that lot of people are seeing the date change (while checking their case status on USCIS website), which is called the soft LUD (Last Update), while if the description changes for the case, it is called Hard LUD

RFE Replied

Updating the status on the case in this post (for reference to others):-

So, after receiving the RFE for the medical and getting the medical done (after going through challenges to get the paper work for medical done the right way) - we submitted the papers to USCIS and the case status changed to "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed"

USCIS PreAdjudicating pending cases

USCIS is pre-adjudicating the cases.

Here is a proof as ginnu mentioned. They are preadjudicating.

From:-http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/operating_performance_apr09.pdf

while overall limits on yearly immigration meter our ability to actually approve applications, we are working through cases for which a visa number is not yet available in order to pre-screen and pre-adjudicate these cases.

RFE Submitted

Not sure if there is an approval process for RFE... but I submitted the RFE and they have updated the case status to - "RFE received and pending..."

Let me know if you need any clarification related to the medical RFE... i might save some sleepless nights if you are worrying about the medical RFE

Last edited by a moderator: