Request : Any connecticut filer share the experience

rdp_2001

Registered Users (C)
Aug'01 case transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut for interview

RD 08/06/2001
FP 12/11/2001
EAC-01-281-5****

What does exactly it means to transfer the case to local office for interview. What all documents are required ?

Hartford Connecticut office is infamous for interview rejection.
You will be interviewed by 3-4 officers and would be asked to submit documents of all sorts. After verifying which took4 months in my friends case your job offer etc are checked again.!!!!
I know 3 people who got rejected and 2 more waiting for document checking. DO NOT GO WITHOUT YOUR LAWYER!!!!!!!.
The guys rejected have filed a motion to overturn the denial.

More info

Could you provide the additional information regarding the rejection cases in Hartford.

Nothing to worry

Hi Guys ,
Ignore Shantanu's posting. I guess this guy is scaring. Cases are transferred to local INS offices for various reasons. It does not mean that your case has some issues.
Its a way of quality control. Don't worry, officer are very friendly and helpful. They just want to make sure at the most that you have a job offer and probably wants to see some previous pay stubs. Search some of the postings here you'll know everyone has a pleasant experience and got approved. INS cannot reject GC's unless you have a criminal record, or medical reasons.
Cheer up
3DM