report: 1st step, the file was received by USCIS in Chicago

lily124

Registered Users (C)
will see how long it takes to receive notification and biometrics appointment. hehe. will post my progress later.
Thanks for your suggestions. You guys are the best.

photos

it just occurs to me I forgot to write down our names on the back of photos. Another concern is we printed out our photos from digital camera using photo sheets. Hopefully that will be ok.

lily124 said:
it just occurs to me I forgot to write down our names on the back of photos. Another concern is we printed out our photos from digital camera using photo sheets. Hopefully that will be ok.

Let's hope so, since the instructions specifically say "Digital Photos are NOT acceptable", I wonder if they'd be able to tell the difference ;)

Well, they also say that photos should be taken within 30 days of filing the application. I've always been wondering how they are able to tell when exactly those photos were taken :)

Good luck!

lily124 - I agree this site is the best, without everyone's posts I do not think I would have been able to do this without a lawyer. My file was also received in Chicago so the waiting game begins....