Reply from US Embassy - New Delhi

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
I don't pay too much attention to non-official visa numbers, but I decided to fire an e-mail to the India Embassy in New Delhi asking them to kindly correct the dates to avoid heart attacks for some of our fellow EB applicants.

Today I received a reply from the India Embassy, where they confirmed the cut-off dates on their website is correct and current.

Well, I strongly believe that those dates may be current for few days, and perpahs the March visa bulletin will have new updates where India cut-off dates hopefully will be adjusted and move ahead. I also hope the EB3 World will advance, even if not current but at least more recent than 2001. I think EB World "current" is kind too good to be true.

Just wait for the visa bulletin. Don't freak out.

Looks like the March visa bulletin is coming with lot of drastic changes that we dont expect.

I will get a heart attack if it gets current.

Good luck.

marlon2006 said:
I don't pay too much attention to non-official visa numbers, but I decided to fire an e-mail to the India Embassy in New Delhi asking them to kindly correct the dates to avoid heart attacks for some of our fellow EB applicants.

Today I received a reply from the India Embassy, where they confirmed the cut-off dates on their website is correct and current.

Well, I strongly believe that those dates may be current for few days, and perpahs the March visa bulletin will have new updates where India cut-off dates hopefully will be adjusted and move ahead. I also hope the EB3 World will advance, even if not current but at least more recent than 2001. I think EB World "current" is kind too good to be true.

It's a heart attack regardless it moves to current or do not move at all.

kamrans said:
Looks like the March visa bulletin is coming with lot of drastic changes that we dont expect.

Good luck.

Thank You Marlon

I just wanted to thank you Marlon for taking the time to email New Delhi and sharing the info with all of us. Brings us hope.
Hope and pray that they are correct.

kamrans said:

Good luck.

Life is more important than GC. Do not get a heartattack for it :)

No heart

My heart was broken long ago. Now no heart :) a Heatless person !
No feeling like a dead...... :) :p

Obviously "heart attack" was just an expression.
Go on and live your lives, fellow EB applicants. That's easy said than done, because I missed not less than 1 excellent job offer + 3 verbal job offers/interviews in the last few months due to this nasty and long greencard process.

mamamiax said:
My heart was broken long ago. Now no heart :) a Heatless person !
No feeling like a dead...... :) :p

marlon2006 said:
Obviously "heart attack" was just an expression.
Go on and live your lives, fellow EB applicants. That's easy said than done, because I missed not less than 1 excellent job offer + 3 verbal job offers/interviews in the last few months due to this nasty and long greencard process.

I couldn't agree with you more, marlon2006. In last 6 months alone, I too have missed 3 job offers that could pay me as much as nearly twice of what I am making now with better benefits. (not that my current pay is any bad). These offers were from bigger/smaller companies that were more stable and well rooted than my current employer, which is a big name in IT consulting. They are charging high to their clients and paying just fair to most of their H1 employees, just enough to keep them quiet, if you know what I mean.

Not only that, I am not even counting really very good leads that could potentially broaden my horizon and offer better working conditions with forward career paths and better rewards.

So, here I am, stuck just like many more and waiting patiently. Oh, well, thats what life is :)

My a fellow friend from India told me - something gross - but a bit hilarious:
"The day will come I can extend my big, brown finger to all those supervisors who took advantage of me during this time I am restricted by temporary visas."

Note:I don't necessarily endorse the method above. Just wanted to share his thoughts and frustration with you.

Chicago Desi said:
I couldn't agree with you more, marlon2006. In last 6 months alone, I too have missed 3 job offers that could pay me as much as nearly twice of what I am making now with better benefits. (not that my current pay is any bad). These offers were from bigger/smaller companies that were more stable and well rooted than my current employer, which is a big name in IT consulting. They are charging high to their clients and paying just fair to most of their H1 employees, just enough to keep them quiet, if you know what I mean.

Not only that, I am not even counting really very good leads that could potentially broaden my horizon and offer better working conditions with forward career paths and better rewards.

So, here I am, stuck just like many more and waiting patiently. Oh, well, thats what life is :)

Looks like New Delhi site corrected the dates

marlon2006 said:

Looke like marlon2006's email had the effect of making them correct the dates and say that they were correct all the time.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html

marlon2006 said:
My a fellow friend from India told me - something gross - but a bit hilarious:
"The day will come I can extend my big, brown finger to all those supervisors who took advantage of me during this time I am restricted by temporary visas."

Note:I don't necessarily endorse the method above. Just wanted to share his thoughts and frustration with you.

Yeah, funny he said so :) I wouldn't do any thing like that but WAIT, yes I will do that to, ummmm, say, only two ex-managers of mine :D :D :D

marlon2006 said:

I just don't believe this. Its hard to believe there is no movement in EB2 & EB3 dates for India. I will be doomed if this is true.

Why is it different from the official one

Marlon, did they tell you why their dates are different from those posted on the official USCIS site for February 2006?