Reply from Mumbai Consulate?

KYCP

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone get a reply from mumbai consulate in the last one week?

Bjalal, hate_tsc and myself have not...

how are the other consulates?

KYCP

I sent a mail to NWD last friday haven't heard back.

Just a thought - may be consulate is understaff/closed due to "Holi" .

If I don't hear back by friday I am shooting another email to NWD.

\rahul07

My Lawyer had sent an email last week, no reply for that either.

hope the war talk is not keeping the consulate tied up...

I thinks it's because of Holi

KYCP/Rahul07,

I think the reason of no-reply from US Emabssy/Consulate is Holi-ki-chuttiyan (Holi vacation) in North and West India. I had also sent an e-mail on last friday and have not heard back from the consulate.

Thanks.

Chennai Consulate?

How about Chennai Consulate, has anyone received electronic communication (email/fax) from them?

KYCP

Chennai did respond quickly

I had sent same mail to to Mumbai and Chennai consulate on 13th. Chennai responded next day.

bjajal

Little Annoyed

I've had the same experience with Mumbai lately. My case was forwarded to the consulate on 27 Feb 03 and after about 10 days dropped an email. I didn't hear back from them for couple of days and then tried calling them. After quite a few attempts was able to talk to them, they confirmed that their office have received my case. However, didn't tell me the likely interview date. The lady at the consulate told me to drop an email/fax asking the same to Chief Consular Officer. I did both (email and fax) but so far no luck.

There's no reply from the consulate to any of my email/fax, in the last couple of weeks.

Anybody experiencing the same problem @ Mumbai please chime in ...

Calling the Consulate?

Has anyone called mumbai consulate recently in the last 2 weeks?

If so, were they able to get through?

thanks,
KYCP

I have not got any reply from NWD of my e-mail dated 03/13/03.
My case was forwarded from NVC on 03/06.

hi vB, I sent them an email on the 15th (asking about my case that was sent by the NVC on the 6th March). No reply yet!

A better thing to do is to call up the consulate.. THere are two seperate numbers for the IVs (+NIVs). The guy out there will tell you the case status. He was pretty polite too! Bummer that my case hadn't reached them yet (i called 3/19). Am a wee bit worried (cos typically at cptracker.com the cases seem to reach in <1-2 weeks!).

krg.

While we are at it, does any of you know what (all) documents we need to get notarized before we go for the interview?

i know (i) the employment letter, (ii) ? ...

looking for your help folks,

thanks, krg

I-134 needs to be notarized for each dependent

Originally posted by krg
While we are at it, does any of you know what (all) documents we need to get notarized before we go for the interview?

i know (i) the employment letter, (ii) ? ...

I-134 (Affidavit of support) for each dependent.

looking for your help folks,

thanks, krg

No reply yet

Originally posted by spp2000
I have not got any reply from NWD of my e-mail dated 03/13/03.
My case was forwarded from NVC on 03/06.

I have also not got any reply for e-mail queries sent March 14 and March 19. No reply yet from US Embassy.

Thanks.

cpDelhi,
Many a times the consulate does not reply to your emails, they generally wait for security clearance. The consulates have not been consistent in their approach, but this was experienced by myself too. We sent about 3-4 emails, but we did not get any replies, finally we decied to call them...that works..only if you can get through the lines. ;)
All the best. Take it easy.....everything will be fine.

Thanks.

Got a reply from Mumbai

Finally, after a 10 or so day silence, mumbai sent replies to my emails as well as my lawyer`s email.

Looks like they are just busy. Glad to get the reply,
KYCP

GOT reply from mumbaiIV

hello all,

i did finally get a reply from mumbaiIV, and my interview date is the 17th of April!! I am on EB1, and i am not too sure if thats why i got an interview so early (NVC sent march 6th to consulate). Anyways, I posted a new thread titled "Interview (from NVC-sent) in 6 weeks!". lets see how things go from here. first thing though, i have to make sure that there is no mistake (i.e. May17th instead of April 17th)!

krg (cptraker "G").

Congrats krg

congrats on getting the intrview date,
have you already made appointment with the hospital for the medical checkup?
KYCP

Last edited by a moderator:
medical appt

hi KYCP,

havent yet scheduled an appointment. was surprised by the timing (so soon). am going to call one of the hospitals tonite.

do you (or anyone) have an idea how long it takes to get an appointment for the medicals?

thanks, krg.

Pleasent surprises are welcome, (within reason, I am sure),

appointments are taken over phone for the three hospitals designated by mumbai consulate. Hinduja, Breach Candy and Lilavati are the three. Phone numbers and additional info can be obtained from:
http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in3/wwwhimmi.html#medical

I would suggest calling them as soon as you can. There will be plenty of slots available for appointment in all three hospitals.
I have scheduled an appointment with hinduja.

I have seen good review for all three on this forum. http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/medical
has some info as well, it may not have been updated lately, though.

Have you prepared a list of documents needed for the interview? if not on of the other threads by cpDelhi http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66672&perpage=15&pagenumber=6
has a good list. This list may be a little different form the mumbai requirements (like 3 photographs for mumbai instead of 2 for delhi).

When are you planning to leave, I guess you are in the process of getting tickets now.
Good luck,
KYCP