Replacing GC with mistake

korman

Registered Users (C)
My wife's Green Card had a mistake (they had interchanged the First and Last Names). Consequently we sent the GC along with I-90 and other documents to USCIS central office in Phoenix,AZ early in June. It is now almost seven weeks and we have not heard anything. We then took and infopass and met with USCIS official who said that they have no information about the application: and worse still, USCIS does NOT issue any Receipt for this kind of case. What do we do now? Suggestions and advice would be very helpful.

What the USPS delivery confirmation status is? Did you receive your I-551 temporarily evidence stamped in passport?

Are you aware that the last name is supposed to appear first on the GC? (LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME MIDDLE)

And did you check your I-485 paperwork to see if it is your mistake in providing the names in the wrong order?

Do you have proof that USCIS received the application (tracking/delivery confirmation)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response. We have since heard from the USCIS acknowledging the papers (I had sent on 9th June and they replied late August). We had filed our DS230 correctly. Yes, we had gone through consular processing and our passports had been duly stamped. Now we are keeping our fingers crossed and hope for the best.