Rep says I'm "approved" but am I really?

bambiya_ghati

Registered Users (C)
It has been more than two years since I applied for my and my wife's I-485 so yesterday I sent an email to the local House of Representative's office giving them my details and requesting them to find out the status of the applications. Today a very polite and helpful lady called me saying that she had inquired with the VSC and found out that in fact by chance both applications were approved this morning! :)

However there is no approval message on the BCIS website (same old message from FP1 in November 2002, unchanged LUD, 9/23/04). Nor have I received any email from BCIS. Does it take the BCIS some time to do this after the office approves the application? Or is an inquiry through a Representative not very reliable? :confused: Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks!
Bambaiya

Most probably you are approved...

if you FP2 is done.

It may take upto a week or even more to get the approval message to appear on the website.

so, just relax and tighten the seat belts... :)

Yes, Sometime online msg didn't get updated. If they have correct address, You should receive approval copy with in 1 week. Just wait and relax

bambiya_ghati,

Congrats!!

Mine was a similar situation like yours. My local congressman's case worker said our cases were approved that morning(sept 1st) when I had called them to enquire. But the online msg and the LUD didn't change until recently (sept 24th). We got our paasports stamped on sept 8th and even that didn't trigger the online msg to change. So far for my wife, the online msg and LUD has not changed.

Don't worry. Your case is approved if the congressman says so. So enjoy your freedom.

Cheers,

It never updates the same day ..

For example .. if the work is done on 1st .. site will update on 2nd with the date as of 1st

Thanks for the responses guys, that's reassuring.

Prahalad: I had a followup question for you -- You mentioned that you found out that you were approved on the 1st of Sept and that you got your passports stamped as soon as the 8th. That was remarkably fast! Were you able to get the passports stamped without the hardcopy I-485 approval notice in hand, or did you get your actual hardcopy before the stamping? I'm interested in knowing this because we might be travelling soon (in two weeks) and we would prefer to reenter the country with the stamps already in place if possible.

By the way, we did our FP2 in mid-September (early).

Thanks!
-Bambaiya

Its official -- Got approval emails!!

I got the 4 approval emails (for me and my wife) about 5 minutes ago. So its official, we're approved! :)

Best wishes for a speedy approval to other participants on this forum.

-Bambaiya

Details of our application:
I140/I485 filed: September 2002
I140 approved: February 2003
FP1: November 2002
FP2: September 2004 (early)
Inquiry with congreman's office: Oct 1, 2004. I-485 approved same day.