Rentry applied 10 months ago no reply

family_gc

Registered Users (C)
I left usa last August and had applied for reentry permit that time.

Havent heard anything from them yet.

To maintain green card do I have to come back to USA with in 11 months? Or can I wait for Reentry decision? I am worried in the scenerio where it is rejected after 11 months ?

To maintain green card do I have to come back to USA with in 11 months? Or can I wait for Reentry decision? I am worried in the scenerio where it is rejected after 11 months ?

To keep the GC you have to stay, work and show real tie to US

not sure how much this helps. I applied for my re-entry permit around the same time as you (August). I got the approval about a month ago (late March). However, the online case status still says "case received and pending" .. strange.

and yes if you have the receipt from USCIS, you can use that as an evidence that you have applied for a re-entry permit.

Yeah I do have receipt of Rentry permit. Till July 2008 I dont have to worry about reentry permit as can stay out of USA for a year without rentry.

I am worried about staying out of USA after this august in case Rentry permit reply doesnt come ?

Yeah I do have receipt of Rentry permit. Till July 2008 I dont have to worry about reentry permit as can stay out of USA for a year without rentry.

I am worried about staying out of USA after this august in case Rentry permit reply doesnt come ?

well be careful, staying abroad for more than a year resets your citizenship clock. This means you would have to wait for another 4 years before you're eligible again to apply for naturalization. This is not covered by the re-entry permit.

I think you will hear from USCIS soon regarding you re-entry permit application. Like I said, I applied around the same time as you and got the approval recently.

Thanks for your response. I am not worried about citizenship as of now. If Re-entry permit result comes after august and it is denied that is the situation I am worried.

Would I able to come to USA as soon as I get response of Rentry permit either way.

Thanks for your response. I am not worried about citizenship as of now. If Re-entry permit result comes after august and it is denied that is the situation I am worried.

Would I able to come to USA as soon as I get response of Rentry permit either way.

this is a good question. unfortunately, I don't know the answer for it. I think you will hear from USCIS soon since the processing time of I-131 application is now very close to your priority date.

do they guarantee that the permit must be issued , say, within 5 months?

But the good is, that the permit is valid since the issuance date:)

do they guarantee that the permit must be issued , say, within 5 months?

But the good is, that the permit is valid since the issuance date:)

If they guarantee any application to be approved whithin certain time, then no meaning for the application and anyone can go online to print out a permit. The application supposed to be checked, RFE may be triggered, the application may be approved or denied ...etc. you can say there is an average time to get a response but still there will be odds.

Reentry permit after GC

Recently I applied for reentry permit for my daughter. After which I came to know, since March 2008, a new rule is in effect that for all reentry permits biometrics need to be taken eventhough you have GC. Now my daughter is leaving to India in June, I am worried what will happen if the biometric appointment comes after she leaves. Is there any solution? Please advise.