Renouncing Citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our attorney already recommended it but the IJ denied it do to the felony charge. The money for the ticket is no problem, he just doesnt have the passport.

It's not that I finally admitted it, its that I had forgotten about it. A lot has happened since August 2006....

I'm back I'm back I'm back!!!
LOL
Just wanted to stop by & fill you in on whats been happening...
So my husband finally was picked up by ICE on Dec 9, 2008...He was sent to the Immigration Detention Center about 40 minutes from where we live...The judge still hadnt made his decesion about him being deported or not...So finally, we received the decesion from the IJ on Dec 15, 2008...He was ordered deported because we didnt have the proof they needed in order for my husband to become a derivative citizen through his father...Thats what the lawyer was trying to prove...I picked up the decision from the attorney & hand delivered it to my husbands deportation officer...The holiays came and nothing was done for a little while...Finally on January 15, 2009, my husband met up with his D/O and signed his 90 day waiting period along with some other papers...Those papers were mailed to the Venezuelan Consulate on January 21, 2009...The consulate recieved the papers on January 23, 2009...Between all that time, I took it upon myself and went to several different consulates from other countries with a letter asking them to please accept my husband because his country was not going to accept him back...I was able to get letters from Jamaica, Trinidad, Antigua, Panama & Mexico...All saying that they would not accept my husband because he was not a citizen of that country and because he did not have a passport...I also had letters written from all the family members stating why he should be released & why he would not be a 'danger to the community'...I was also able to get job offers from 2 family memebers that own their own companies...I hired an attorney so she can get him out on an 'order of supervision' before his 90 days & also to try to avoid him being there the 180 days if things got complicated...So, last week, on February 10th, ICE recieved the decision from the Consulate saying that they were not going to accpet him...While all of this was happening my husband was transfered to a county jail about 2 hours away because they needed 'bed space' at the other place...So my attorney got in contact with his D/O and spoke about the order of supervision and he told her to send him all the papers we had and as soon as he recieved them, he would review the file, and call my husband 1 more time and sign off on the papers...My husbands 90 days were supposed to be on March 15...But his D/O will recieve the attorneys papers next week...So my husband will be released on an order of supervision in about a week or two!!!!! He will be given a work permit to work...But has no citizenship...He will be listed as 'stateless'...After a few years, maybe 5 or a little more, he can apply for his residency again...Or after 10 years or a little more, I can petition for him...Regardless, HE'S FREE & in the USA!!!!! Thanx for your help!! :)

Ahj

If you succeeded, it will be a great example for the law students. I am a silent member of this forum. It is an interesting case. I will appreciate if you keep posting this case here.

Further, you can't call anyone criminal till it is proved. He could be called suspect not criminal. Whatever, he is, he is your husband. We should respect your sentiments and emotion.

Wow.. You got rewarded for all your lying! My immigrant wife would tell you that God, has a way of paying people back for the evil they do. Your husband is NEVER going to get his green card back, don't let anyone fool you. He has been ordered DEPORTED. Any ban has not started, so 10 years doesn't come into play.

The best he can hope for is that years from now, they require him to report once a year or by phone. When he gets out on OSUP, if he gets arrested for anything, he can be taken back into ICE custody for another 90-days.

I'm back I'm back I'm back!!!
LOL
Just wanted to stop by & fill you in on whats been happening...
So my husband finally was picked up by ICE on Dec 9, 2008...He was sent to the Immigration Detention Center about 40 minutes from where we live...The judge still hadnt made his decesion about him being deported or not...So finally, we received the decesion from the IJ on Dec 15, 2008...He was ordered deported because we didnt have the proof they needed in order for my husband to become a derivative citizen through his father...Thats what the lawyer was trying to prove...I picked up the decision from the attorney & hand delivered it to my husbands deportation officer...The holiays came and nothing was done for a little while...Finally on January 15, 2009, my husband met up with his D/O and signed his 90 day waiting period along with some other papers...Those papers were mailed to the Venezuelan Consulate on January 21, 2009...The consulate recieved the papers on January 23, 2009...Between all that time, I took it upon myself and went to several different consulates from other countries with a letter asking them to please accept my husband because his country was not going to accept him back...I was able to get letters from Jamaica, Trinidad, Antigua, Panama & Mexico...All saying that they would not accept my husband because he was not a citizen of that country and because he did not have a passport...I also had letters written from all the family members stating why he should be released & why he would not be a 'danger to the community'...I was also able to get job offers from 2 family memebers that own their own companies...I hired an attorney so she can get him out on an 'order of supervision' before his 90 days & also to try to avoid him being there the 180 days if things got complicated...So, last week, on February 10th, ICE recieved the decision from the Consulate saying that they were not going to accpet him...While all of this was happening my husband was transfered to a county jail about 2 hours away because they needed 'bed space' at the other place...So my attorney got in contact with his D/O and spoke about the order of supervision and he told her to send him all the papers we had and as soon as he recieved them, he would review the file, and call my husband 1 more time and sign off on the papers...My husbands 90 days were supposed to be on March 15...But his D/O will recieve the attorneys papers next week...So my husband will be released on an order of supervision in about a week or two!!!!! He will be given a work permit to work...But has no citizenship...He will be listed as 'stateless'...After a few years, maybe 5 or a little more, he can apply for his residency again...Or after 10 years or a little more, I can petition for him...Regardless, HE'S FREE & in the USA!!!!! Thanx for your help!! :)

Dafortycal, are you serious!?!? WOW!!! How miserable are you?! I cant believe that you would actually sit there & write what you did...I mean, listent to yourself...
'You got rewarded for all your lying! My immigrant wife would tell you that God, has a way of paying people back for the evil they do.'
What IS that!? How could you be such a LAME?! You're incredible...Im a Capricorn...Capricorns HATE liars & very seldom if at all, do they lie themselves...I WOULD NEVER...NEVER EVER EVER write someting so BOGUS in my entire life! Just as I wrote everything that happend...I would have also wrote if he would have gotten deported as well...I have nothing to hide...I am extremely excited that my husband is being released in the US...If it wasnt for me going to his country's consulate like 8 or 9 times and telling them our situation & practically crying every time, they would have accepted him back...They did me a favor...They skipped a process they were initially supposed to do...In turn, making it possible for them not to accept him & for him to stay in the US...There was 1 point that we went crazy...His D/O said to me that if his country didnt accept him, they would try to deport him to another country...As soon as he told me that, I ran back to the consulate & asked them to PLEASE just accept him...To nevermind everything that we had spoken about in the past...I just didnt want him staying in immigration waiting for another country to accept him...But the consul told me not to worry, that no other country was going to accept him...I took their word & trusted it...So we just stayed in place waiting for immigration to get the response that my husband & I were originally waiting for the Consulate to make...Which was to deny him...Or not accept him...Finally, ICE got the papers back from the Conslate, & they kept their word they gave me...They didnt accept him...I have nothing to prove to you, dafortycal, I just CANNOT STAND when people doubt me or dont believe what I say...You are NOBODY that I have to try & please or try & make you believe me...But for the sake of others, who genuinely are interested in this forum, or that are going through similar situations, I post what I am going through & what I have done in order to help my husband stay in the US...Maybe you can learn from it as well someday...Hopefully not tho...But keep your fingers crossed being that your 'immigrant wife' is still an immigrant! We wouldnt want her to go through any of this...I actually went back & read your message...I hope you didnt mean that my husband got off by lying...That would be pretty LAME as well! Not knowing anything about anything from him OR the case...But whatever, I see I'm not the only one on forum that has had a problem with you...One member said something real funny in another thread...Something like you: 'have nothing to do just gain cheap popularity bcoz your wife ignores you everynight.' That was great! LOL...

paaroo:
Thank you for your comment...Im happy that I can be of some help...I will definately keep you posted...Actually, today the D/O's had their rounds to speak with the detainees and my husband was able to speak to him...He had a question as to what happens when he finally recieves the packgage of papers our lawyer sent him...He told my husband that as soon as he recieves the papers (which should of been today by 4:30pm) he would sign his release then give it to his supervisor to sign off on it as well...After that, it has to go to 1 more supervisor then they would release him within 1 or 2 days...Under supervision...He also told my husband he might have to wear an ankle bracelet for some time as well as report to ICE once a month...After they let him take off the bracelet, he will still continue to report...He most likely will have to report for the same amount of time he would have been banned from the US if he would have gotten deported...After about 10 years from now, he can re-apply for his green card...As long as he has satisfactory behavior...Of course, attorneys will help out in this too...There are a few different options we can go by...Other than this, ill let you know what else happens...
Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.