Renewing Malaysian Passport

sky88

Registered Users (C)
I am about to renew my Malaysian Passport which expires this October. My questions are:

1) Would it be safe to send my renewal application (passport, certified letters, cert birthcert..etc) to Malaysia Consulate in NYC? I live in Philadelphia, it's just too far, time-consuming to commute to NYC just to hand them my stuff! Any advice?

2) When we get out new passport book, are they going to return us the old passport? Because I have my H1B visa stamp in it, so, I don't want them to mess up/destroy my old passport. Else, I'll be in big trouble!

thanks..
Sky

1. I don't see what other options you have. If your passport needs to be renewed, then you have to either mail it in or drop it off personally. Just make a copy of your passport before mailing it. Also, if you have a choice, use a service like fedex or ups so that you can track the package.

2. You should be able to request your old passport back.

Passport renewal s**ks for Malaysians!

I have applied for renewal in April 2003, and I'm still waiting for the passport ( it's October 2003 ) . According to them, they have to send the passport to Malaysia ( to be issued ) I'm waiting for it day by day..Malaysian consulate is irritated by my phone calls too!!!