Renewing green card since plastic card not received

ghs123

Registered Users (C)
Has any one got my situation. Passport stamped after approving green card in Feb, 2003 from Philadelphia. Did not receive plastic card yet, online message did not change also. Local office claims the files have gone to Vermont SC. Now it is time to renew the one year stamping. Any body knows what documents need to be produced for renewal. Will there be an interview for renewal. Has any one done this renewal before. Please advise.

Originally posted by ghs123
Has any one got my situation. Passport stamped after approving green card in Feb, 2003 from Philadelphia. Did not receive plastic card yet, online message did not change also. Local office claims the files have gone to Vermont SC. Now it is time to renew the one year stamping. Any body knows what documents need to be produced for renewal. Will there be an interview for renewal. Has any one done this renewal before. Please advise.

It can happen in a few cases. You just need to go the nearest USCIS service center with your passport and a copy of approval notice. It may also make sense to carry a filed out form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card with a check for fees but you can try to get a fee waiver since you never received the card. Check this link:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-90.htm

Did you change residence after stamping?

I did not change residency. But I do not have an approval letter. I only have the passport stamping

Originally posted by ghs123
I did not change residency. But I do not have an approval letter. I only have the passport stamping

You should also call the customer service number to find out. It might be lost in mail.

I called up customer service, this morning and they say they do not have any way of telling me any information other than the case status online (which I can also check). Is there any other way of contactiong BCIS other than the 1-800 number. Local office claims no responsibility

Does Vermont service center, answer questions if I go to the counter. Do they allow that. 1-800 number is of no use

Any experience going to service center directly

Please reply

ghs123:

If you live close to the VSC then only you might want to try a personal visit. Else the better option is to try National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

Flying to Vermont with the intention of getting things clarified from VSC may be the last option.

Here are the contact details for VSC:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/vermont/aboutus.htm

Hopefully this helps!

I have re-stamped once, last july. It takes a good part of the day at the office. I may have to do it again this july as my plastic card hasn't come in yet.

Is there a way to track or inquire on this? I am worried if my pastic card will ever come.. It hasn't for a year and half!

The office is are particular about how the fee is paid(atleast Philly was). They did not accept lawyer issued check and asked for a money order/draft which I luckily got from a nearby store. Fyi.

rkmr:

Unfortunately there are not many options other than calling the above mentioned NCSC 800 number, writing a letter to NCSC/ your service center and simultaneously getting your stamp renewed in the passport.

I have a very close friend who is in same situation. She every year for last 3 years has been going to local ins office and getting her stamp renewed. Above are the things that she has been doing till now.

Hi rkmr

Can philly tell you whether the file has been transferred to Vermont for card issue. Is there a way to track this.

In my case they say they don't have my file any more. And no way to track whether Vermont received it.

Thanks

Plastic Card awaited

Hi,

Hope my info helps you. I think VSC is processing plastic reqs now. I got my stamping on 12/23/2003 and received plastic card on 01/20/2004.

Good Luck...

Ghs123,

Did you file i90 again or they just restamped it.

I have to go this for the same.

Can you please post your info. Urgent please.

Thanks.

when was your first stamping. how amny times did you file i90. did you get any reply regarding your i90 application

My first card came after long time, it had some problem, I filed I90 last year Feb'03 but waiting. I will go for restamp this week or next week.
thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: