Renewing employee's TN

questionsuser

To renew an employee's TN visa through I-129, do you need to create another job posting and allow applicants to interview for that position?

Also, do you need to include employee's ties to their home country like they do at the POE?

TN is not an immigrant petition so there is no need to do any posting or search whatsoever. That is only for Green card process.

Since TNs are allowed to live in US, there is never a need to show toes to any foreign country, be it at the border or when submitting an I-129

I thought that TN is supposed to show agents that they have intentions of moving back after their employment is done.

So when renewing, do you need to have just the following submitted to USCIS?

1. Job offer
2. Applicant resume
3. Petition letter about why applicant is needed
4. Company info

There is no requirement to show that you "need' the employee -- you are hiring him after all.
There is no need for applicant's resume.
Since you are doing this by mail, you will need to send copy of applicants educational qualifications.

The employee has already obtained a TN. How about simply following the same process you did last time?

There is no requirement to show that you "need' the employee -- you are hiring him after all.
There is no need for applicant's resume.
Since you are doing this by mail, you will need to send copy of applicants educational qualifications.

The employee has already obtained a TN. How about simply following the same process you did last time?

Thanks for your responses.

The first time was at POE where they were told they needed to show the resume to show the experience needed for the 5 years of management consultancy.

Ah, yes, MC requires experience, but that is usually demonstrated with letters from former clients, co-workers, etc. Anyone can create a resume.

Yes, the employee has provided me with the same letters of recommendations from past associates that match what is on the resume.

I have checked their I94 and it seems like when they re-entered during their vacation, their status got changed to B2.

Can the forms be sent still to USCIS and they get that fixed at a port near them in the mean time? Thank you.

So those letters are what are to be sent. You are doling out information in drips and drabs

They would need to go to a local office to fix their status -- and soon. They are right now working for you illegally, since their last entry. They are supposed to mention that they are on a work status anytime they enter US.

Sounds like your employee is less familiar with TN that you are. I can see why you are reluctant to send them to the border by themselves (and they are supposes to be providing you with management advice?!).

So, like i said. they need to physically go to a local office for re-inspection. Now, illegal.