Renewing DL in Philly with GC wasn't allowed 'cause didn't bring asylum app'd paper

Aznjecht

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My cousin wasn't allowed to renew his one-year DL because he didn't have his asylum approved paper with him although he showed him his GC by the security/person who checked all the requirements.
I was so upset to hear how he was discriminated by this stupid f***ing 4$$hole son-of-a-bitch.
Last year he only got one-year DL because he was told that he needed GC for a 4 year DL. He had not had his GC yet at that time. While my brother in law got a 4 year DL with his asylee status without incident.
Finally he went to another DMV and was issued a 4 year DL without incident.
I really feel sorry for him and for other asylee and PR who have experienced this.

Ah, sorry for your cousin having to go through it. I renewed my DL and showed my asylum approval letter and got it renewed for 7 more years. It is stupid of them not to accept your cousin's GC .I guess it is best to go to another DMV if they give you a hard time like that.

Aznjecht said:
Hi,
My cousin wasn't allowed to renew his one-year DL because he didn't have his asylum approved paper with him although he showed him his GC by the security/person who checked all the requirements.
I was so upset to hear how he was discriminated by this stupid f***ing 4$$hole son-of-a-bitch.
Last year he only got one-year DL because he was told that he needed GC for a 4 year DL. He had not had his GC yet at that time. While my brother in law got a 4 year DL with his asylee status without incident.
Finally he went to another DMV and was issued a 4 year DL without incident.
I really feel sorry for him and for other asylee and PR who have experienced this.

I dont get it, he has a GC and yet they are asking for his asylum approval? WTF? You think they may be looking for additional identification? I really find it hard to believe. Even INS wont ask you for such information granting you are carrying your GC.

Why do you guys not take any actions against DMV and SSC for such discriminations? I'd say whoever has been discriminated must demand speaking with Supervisor or a manager and if that fails then SUE their asses and WIN BIG.

copper1 said:
I dont get it, he has a GC and yet they are asking for his asylum approval? WTF? You think they may be looking for additional identification? I really find it hard to believe. Even INS wont ask you for such information granting you are carrying your GC.

Yup, you might not believe it but it really happened, hence I posted this wondering if any of you has experienced the same thing.

copper1 said:
Why do you guys not take any actions against DMV and SSC for such discriminations? I'd say whoever has been discriminated must demand speaking with Supervisor or a manager and if that fails then SUE their asses and WIN BIG.

I also told him the same thing but he said that that guy's such pain in the a$$, and my cousin does not want to get into trouble since his english is not really good.