Renewing a temporary 551

mobiusme72

Registered Users (C)
Can you please let me know what the process is for renewing my temporary I551 stamp in my passport? My green card was approved last year, but I never received it. And now my temporary stamp in my passport has expired and I assume I should renew it. Also, I have raised the issue of me not receiving the green card to the INS a couple of times, but have not heard back. Please let me know how I can renew my approval in my passport, as well as any advice on this overall issue.

Thank You,
Rajesh

mobiusme72 said:
Can you please let me know what the process is for renewing my temporary I551 stamp in my passport?
-take infopass for your local USCIS oofice and get new stamp on passport

My green card was approved last year, but I never received it. And now my temporary stamp in my passport has expired and I assume I should renew it. Also, I have raised the issue of me not receiving the green card to the INS a couple of times, but have not heard back.
------ file the Form G-731, - Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien
Registration Card with your service center that approved I-485.
** also when you go to local office for passport stamp ask them what to do for CARD, if you meet a good officer he may take your 2 photographs, signatue, fingerprint on white form and may order a card.
Please let me know how I can renew my approval in my passport, as well as any advice on this overall issue.

Thank You,
Rajesh

Renew Stamp I-551

mobiusme72 said:
Can you please let me know what the process is for renewing my temporary I551 stamp in my passport? My green card was approved last year, but I never received it. And now my temporary stamp in my passport has expired and I assume I should renew it. Also, I have raised the issue of me not receiving the green card to the INS a couple of times, but have not heard back. Please let me know how I can renew my approval in my passport, as well as any advice on this overall issue.

Thank You,
Rajesh

Just go to your local USCIS and they will stamp it for you and while you are there, bring the issue up again. I am assuming you have been keeping your address using the AR-11..., just in case they mail you a new card. You can also file for a replacement GC I believe...ask at the local office