Renewal of short term validity passport

JimGren2005

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a short term validity Indian passport last here in NYC.It was valid till 2007 July.
I recently sent it for renewal. I got it renewed for 10 yrs but all they did was add a stamp on third page and hand wrote that it has been extended till 2016. and there was a consular general (or some other officers) stamp and signature.

It that how it supposed to be? I was expecting to get a new passport.

Please let me know if anyone has experience this
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a short term validity Indian passport last here in NYC.It was valid till 2007 July.
I recently sent it for renewal. I got it renewed for 10 yrs but all they did was add a stamp on third page and hand wrote that it has been extended till 2016. and there was a consular general (or some other officers) stamp and signature.
------------------That is OK, if sombody like Airlines check only the first page of passport you should point out or show the page that has Extension stamp from Consulate or Embassy
It that how it supposed to be? I was expecting to get a new passport.
---------------- You Can request them for new Copy of passport and tell then that most of the time the Airline look at the First page of passport only and may refuse to issue a ticket and you want to avoid the problem and when you enter USA the same thing can happen and you want to avid the problems in future and these days due to “security” better have new passport copy and many airlines can say that the stamp on the page is forged. Inform them that your lawyer advised you to get new passport copy so that you don’t face any problem when you travel overseas. Inform them that you are ready to pay for the new booklet

Please let me know if anyone has experience this
Thanks
-----------------