Renewal of L1A Visa Sticker

L1A Visa Holder

I have an approval from INS for L1A valid until July 2004. But, the US Consulate in Mumbai India gave me VISA with a sticker on my passport with expiry of one year (which expired in July 2002). My I94 is valid till July 2004.

I was told that for getting a new L1A Visa sticker with validity till July 2004, I need to go back to US consulate in Mumbai, India.

Is there any procedure to get a new Visa Sticker in my passport in USA, without going back to India ? If yes pl let me know the procedure.

don't worry

I am on L1a don't worry the L1A visa is placed maximum only for one year on the passport at a time. When it expires you have to revalidate it again at consulate or in USA at missouri(St.Louis) for another year payingthe visa apllication and issuance fees...u can see the visa revalidate section of any immigartion site..

Take it easy..

Indian

Thanks for yr advise !

Hey Indianexpert... Thanks for yr advise. Can U give me URL of site where I can see this info ? I need this because our st.... attorney says that U can get it revalidated only at the cosulate who issued the initial VISA. I need to show him a concrete evidence for him to move.