Renewal of Indian Passport

ganeshbhai1

I am on visitor visa for six months. I want to extend it for further six months, but for that i have to renew my passport. is it possible to renew it from Indian Consulate Toronto?

Can I renew my Indian Passport from Houston TX / San Fransisco CA USA?

Where are you currently located?

If you are in US, you can get PP renewed from any Indian Consulate in US. Each consulate has a list of states that they service, even though they accept applications from other states. Refer to the consulate web sites and apply to the one serving your state.
Web site of Consulate at California is www.cgisf.org

You cannot renew your Indian passport in a foreign country if you are not living there on a long term visa. Since you are on a visitor visa, Indian consulate will not renew your passport.

Hi there,

Do not listen to people who are saying negative but just take as a negative advice. Just go to Indian Embassy near by where you live, and they will give you better ideas about extending. I have been in foreign countries for several years and many countries, all embassy of India is to serve Indian citizens, so you are perfect Indian citizen and you are entitle to your passport extention.

Passport Renewal

The best way for u in this situation is to consult with a trusted and reputed passport agency or company...You will definitely get positive response from them....

Excerpts from Indian consulate SF website:

33. Q: My parents are visiting us and their passport is expiring, can we apply for renewal?

A: No please. The Consulate General of India caters to legal residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Your parents are visiting the USA on visitors’ visa for a short term. We do not provide any services to short term visitors from India or elsewhere or residents of other states in the US.

Indian Passport Renewal - Expired Student Visa, Approved H1B

Hello,

My student visa expired last year, however currently I am on OPT and my status is valid. Also, my H1B got approved which would be in effect from Oct 1, 2013. Now my passport expires in Nov 2013 and I am really confused by one of the requirements mentioned by BLS. Currently I reside in Texas and will be applying at Houston. Regarding this, I have two questions.

1) Do I need to go in person for my passport renewal? Description in their website says Jurisdiction Applicants must visit a consulate in person for an interview. But I am not sure whether I am considered as Jurisdiction Applicant.

2) Do I need to provide info of 2 greencard holder as witness + 7 copies of Nationality Verification form.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. It is very confusing to understand what they need. Please help.

Thanks.