Renewal of GC stamp... help

lotuscdf

Registered Users (C)
Gurus please help......

I received my I-485 approval in April 2003 and got my passport stamped.
I am still waiting for the plastic card. It is a year now and I am not getting any positive response from the BCIS.

I called the 1-800 .... no. many times, but they give the same response " We dont know about the plastic card".

I need to renew the stamp .
1. What do I need to do for the renewal?
2. What documents do I need to carry?
3. Do I need to schedule an appointment? If yes where can I do it?
4. Did anyone have the similar experience?
5. Is there any site where I can get the info. regarding renewal?

Please help.....

Thks,
Lotus

Originally posted by lotuscdf
Gurus please help......

I received my I-485 approval in April 2003 and got my passport stamped.
I am still waiting for the plastic card. It is a year now and I am not getting any positive response from the BCIS.

I called the 1-800 .... no. many times, but they give the same response " We dont know about the plastic card".

I need to renew the stamp .
1. What do I need to do for the renewal?
2. What documents do I need to carry?
3. Do I need to schedule an appointment? If yes where can I do it?
4. Did anyone have the similar experience?
5. Is there any site where I can get the info. regarding renewal?

Please help.....

Thks,
Lotus
You need to carry your current passport, a photo ID and copy of AOS approval notice or a copy of immigrant visa issued to you (if you did CP).
You can go to the nearest USCIS service Center, no appointment is required. Since you never received your card, you are also better off filing form I-90. You will also need latest immigration style photos, check instructions for I-90. Since you never received the card, you may be exempt from paying the $130 fees.

Alternatively you can also file I-90 online.

What does the online case status say when you enter your case number?

Hi,

The reply on the online status has not changed since my approval. The online status reads:

"This case has been approved. On April X, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Is there any possibility of receiving the plastic card OR every year I have to go for stamping.

-Lotus

:mad:

If I am not wrong, there was an email address where you can inquire about physical cards. I think I read that article on usvisanews website. You might want to do a bit of research on that.