Renewal EAD got denied today

gxr

Registered Users (C)
Renewal EAD got denied today.

Had an RFE on 485 for which response was sent 10 days back.
Saw 2 soft LUDs on 485 yesterday and day before.
Today, EAD (Renewal) was denied. Got the mail.

My PD is not current. Its EB3 2006 India.

Any ideas, pointers?

Renewal EAD got denied today.

Had an RFE on 485 for which response was sent 10 days back.
Saw 2 soft LUDs on 485 yesterday and day before.
Today, EAD (Renewal) was denied. Got the mail.

My PD is not current. Its EB3 2006 India.

Any ideas, pointers?

Your I-485 either granted or denied.

It is possible that EAD application may not be complete. soft LUDs on 485 means nothing.
regarding updating the file online, they don' do it so promptly.

EAD was denied due to an error by USCIS. They thought that the 485 was in denied state. However, 485 was denied 2 months back, MTR was filed and 485 was back to pending. After 485 moved back to pending state, I filed for EAD.

Some how, NSC thinks that 485 is denied. Called USCIS and IO acknowledged that this is a clear error and gave me the following choices:

1. Open MTR for denied EAD and provide evidence of pending 485.
2. File new EAD (with evidence of pending 485)
3. Get infopass and talk to an officer. Have the officer fax the new evidence directly to the service center.

What's the best option to get an EAD in the next 50 days. That's when the existing EAD is expiring.

On a diff. note, AP was approved yesterday from TSC. So, TSC thinks everything is fine, while NSC thinks 485 is denied.

hey there,
0. File another EAD. Online. Get Receipt Number.
1. GO for Infopass. Get them to fax to NSC asking for renewal for first EAD app. Also Ask for Expediting the new EAD which you filed in Step 0
2. Contact your lawyer. Ask him/her to contact AILA liaison in NSC, who can ask an officer to review the file. (This is the best option)
3. Send Fax to NSC asking for Service Motion to Reopen.. its their own damn mistake. they better fix it
4. Send Fax to NSC asking for Expediting newly filed EAD.
5. If old EAD is not reinstated/approved, then contact local congressman/senator and ask their help in either approving old EAD or expediting newly filed one.

I was in a similar situation. I filed for a new EAD while pursuing the option of getting the old one approved. Finallym the old one was never approved for me. Luckily, due toconstant faxes and senator's help, the newly filed EAD came in time.

I would hurry with the filing though.

GXR,
To expedite, I sent letters to the local congressman and the senator asking for help. Stated how I have been in the country for xx years and blah blah .. pay taxes.. blah.. done everything by the book and now job is in jeopardy because of USCIS's incompetence and delays.

Go to the senate website, and find your local senator. They usually have someone dealing with imigration matters. They will help.

Get you attorney to contact AILA liaison in NSC. They can get the officers to pick up the files.