Renew your EAD

vipsha

Registered Users (C)
Its time to apply for renewal of your EAD
If you ever applied for EAD and your current EAD is getting expire in another 4 ½ months, why 4 ½ months?
15 days to prepare all the papers and application and clearing any doubt you might have
16th day post
Still you have 4 months and in 30 days you will might get receipt notice otherwise you can get WAC# from check for sure.
Wait for 90 days and if you don’t get EAD (which you will not get for sure) then go to local INS and get iEAD without any question.
Now you may ask why do I need to apply EAD I am working on H1 and my H1 is valid until such and such date and by that time I will get my GC. But think about today’s market conditions who know what will happen in next four months so why to take risk. In other words you are buying “peace of mind” in $120 which is not very costly. And no body can tell you for sure that you will get GC by then.
We have seen number of cases in which ppl are trying to get iEAD before 90 days without any luck, and getting in to trouble. So why to face this kind of situation.

Remember
===============
$120=Peace of Mind
===============

For help on EAD you can read
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76671

Last edited by a moderator:
Your photo may be here. It's still not too late to apply for renewal EAD!

eadpicture.jpg

What trouble am I facing to get i-EAD < 90 days?

Please someone explain to me the risk I am facing if I try to test my luck to get i-EAD before 90 days.

My EAD expired 3/5, finally get renewal EAD receipt notice. I have been staying at home since 3/5, no job, no income. Can' t wait to be back to work. Still 3 weeks till the 90 days.

WAC02-046-5xxxx

ImmigrateMe,

No risk other than rejection. They will just ask you to get back after 90 days.

But if your employer is accomodating, you can go work, without pay and then have it reimbursed later in the form of bonus etc.

For Vipsha

Vipsha, please post the link to the Murthy site which says that if a person is in employment then there is no need to renew the EAD.

I read on one of the threads about you mentioning this.

Thanks.

Hi 140_takes_4ever

Looks like I need to work on this idea of working without pay and getting a bonus later; I am about 8 weeks late!!! in applying for renewal. Can you enlighten me on this please? If this cannot be posted please email me ??

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Re: For Vipsha

Originally posted by Totos
Vipsha, please post the link to the Murthy site which says that if a person is in employment then there is no need to renew the EAD.

There are no such links. If you are working you should have valid not expired EAD.

anandsub,

Nothing to it. Everything depends upon your relationship with your employer and his ability/requirement to have you working.

Basically you cannot be paid unless you are on legal status H1/EAD etc. But since you are on 485 you are an adjustee and can stay in the country legally. So what you do is offer to work for free for your employer. Which is your legal right. Now you employer on seeing your hard work and effort, compensates you by giving you a bonus when you are able to receive money (i.e. get back on status H1/EAD) for services rendered again. Simple.

Offcourse the only drawback, is that this money will come under a higher tax bracket being a short term capital gain, as compared to your normal salary. But the loss of a few dollars is nothing compared to sitting at home and earning zilch!

Conversely, you could take the time off as vacation and enjoy yourself. You should avail your self of applying for iEAD early though. A good chance you will get it with about 2 weeks to spare at San Jose. Remember though, you can only apply at the INS office dealing with your county of residence. This is free and with only the risk of rejection involved nothing else.

Good luck!

Thanks much I140..

I do have a good relatioship with the Employer. I havent changed employment since 1996.
I have to bring this up now to them since they dont even seem to check these things