Renew TN thru i-129

WorryALot

Hello:

I am currently on TN visa and renewing it thru i-129 by mail, in case USCIS denied my renewal, can i still go to the boarder and try again? Or most likely the USCIS decision is final?

If I over-stay in the U.S. after my TN visa expires, will it affect my future application of i-485 (Marriage base)?

If I can renew my TN thru i-129 successfully, do I have to go to the boarder to get a stamp on my passport?
Are there any chances that the officer at the boarder over-rule the approval of USCIS?

Thank you for your help!

Hello:

I am currently on TN visa and renewing it thru i-129 by mail

Technically, you don't have a "visa"; Canadians don't generally get US visas. You have TN status and you are applying for Extension of Status

, in case USCIS denied my renewal, can i still go to the boarder and try again?
Yes, you can always seek to enter on TN at the border. Previous denial of Extension of Status could factor into their decision.

If I over-stay in the U.S. after my TN visa expires, will it affect my future application of i-485 (Marriage base)?
You mean after your I-94 expires? You can stay in the US for as long as your Extension of Status is pending. If your Extension of Status is denied and your I-94 is expired, you start accruing "unlawful presence", and if you accrue 180 days/1 year of "unlawful presence" and then leave the US, you trigger a 3-year/10-year ban. But if you are marrying a US citizen, and you don't leave the US, it doesn't matter how many years of "unlawful presence" you man have; it won't affect I-485.

If I can renew my TN thru i-129 successfully, do I have to go to the boarder to get a stamp on my passport?
no