Renew GC online from Oustide US I-90 Online

ZeekRaymon

My brother's green card is going to expire with in next six month. They are planning to renew it.
My question is can they e-file I-90 for green card renewal form overseas and enter USA when they get the biometrics appointment ? .
Another Question is for Mailing address they can enter their US address. What address should they enter for their physical address or online it says where are you currently living. We are thinking of entering foreign address which is where they are right now at the time of applying.

Thanks for looking at the question, would appreciate your replies.

My brother's green card is going to expire with in next six month. They are planning to renew it.
My question is can they e-file I-90 for green card renewal form overseas and enter USA when they get the biometrics appointment ? .
Another Question is for Mailing address they can enter their US address. What address should they enter for their physical address or online it says where are you currently living. We are thinking of entering foreign address which is where they are right now at the time of applying.

USCIS: where are you living?

Applicant: Enters Foreign Address !!!! Lol

Read that again in slow motion and tell me if you think thats right.. lol

Out of interest, how long has your brother been outside the US?
Unless he has a re-entry permit, I think it’s quite dangerous entering an address outside the US, as jbuff implied. I’m assuming he’s familiar with the residence requirements for LPRs?

Then of course you have the issue that it normally takes much longer than 6 months to actually get a replacement green card. When he enters for the bio is he planning to then stay in the US properly? Or is he going to find himself stranded outside the US without a valid green card at some stage? (Assuming he hasn’t already run into trouble with residency requirements before that can happen of course)

Unless. OP clarifies a few things first.
Like how long his brother has been out of the country. I Dont have any advice to offer beyond what i said. Earlier
As of now based on what he said only thing we would be doing is aiding him in cheating the system!!!
Because it seems clear that the US isnt his primary residence!!

He has been away from US for 3 months on US company project. He wants to apply online so on his off days he can get biometrics done and if company wants him to go back he can and then come back to US. His GC is still valid for six months.
If wanted to cheat shouldnt have even asked the question.

Thanks for advice. Again same question if you are temporarily away what do you enter for physical address. His permanent mailing address and family is in US but physically he is TEMPORARILY away from US.

Thanks

He has been away from US for 3 months on US company project. He wants to apply online so on his off days he can get biometrics done and if company wants him to go back he can and then come back to US. His GC is still valid for six months.
If wanted to cheat shouldnt have even asked the question.

Thanks for advice. Again same question if you are temporarily away what do you enter for physical address. His permanent mailing address and family is in US but physically he is TEMPORARILY away from US.

Thanks
To answer your Question
He needs to use a US address. As thats where his stuff will get mailed. Biometrics appointment letter. Then ultimately his Green card

When he goes in for his Biometrics He will get a 1 year extension placed on his existing green card.
As getting a new one can take up to 1 year , but typically doesnt.

After that green card gets mailed out he needs to be at that address as he is the only person that can sign for his Green Card. “New system” . Post office will hold it for about a “week”. Dont quote me on that time frame , before its sent back.
Keep in mind Biometrics appointment is set up pretty quickly once app is received. Within a month!!