Renew DL in New York based on USCIS receipt: please help

ritu9

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
Can anyone tell me which county in NY state renews DL based on only receipt notice from USCIS? I have the H1 extension application receipt but the actual approval (with attached I-94 card) will not arrive before my current status expires. I am however, allowed to work even after expiry of current status based on the 240-day automatic extension rule.
So if any DMV office renews DL based on this rule, it would solve my purpose. I understand the response varies from county to county.
If anyone has any idea, please post.
Thanks in advance
Ritu

NYs dirty little secret: Renew by mail from an out of state address and state that this is just a temporary move for school. You send them a check and an eye-doctors statement that your eyesight is sufficient and you are back in the game.

Thanks for the reply. However, the online renewal site says that licenses that have restrictions cannot be renewed online and my license openly states: Restrictions- temporary visitor.
Wouldn't the online system detect this?
When did you try this out?

Yeah, that was a license issued before they put a time limitation based on status on them.

I have a question in regards to the renewel via applying from another state a friend of mine does not have his social security number yet can he still renew this way because it says it a SS # to be on file?? he got his licence before they put up all the restrictions?

Thanks in advanced.