Renetry after Voluntary departure

ybz

Registered Users (C)
Hello there,
Sorry to make this lengthy, did not want to leave any info out

I was an F-1 student in Strayer university, VA,USA from 2008-2011. Out of 3 courses of a semester I missed 7 classes of one course because it was in another city, but I realized too late that they are serious about F1 student laws and i was arrested by the ICE officers in my house on Sep 2010.
I was out of status around April 2010 and was trying to apply for reinstatement but got denied.I was out of jail on bond. I then had court date, lost the case and I opted for Voluntary departure. I left USA September 2011, the date given by the court. Overstay of 9 months because of reinstatement, and court dates.

At the moment I'm in United Arab emirates and Strayer allowed me to graduate my last semester from UAE. The moment I graduated, the next week UAE stopped issuing work visas for Bengali nationals where i'm a passport holder and i'm unemployed for a year.

It been 1 year 7 months since I have been out of USA.

1. I want to apply for an appropriate visa for the US to go and get work authorization. Is B1 or H1b would be appropriate or which one will I be eligible for. Can a person get employment sponsorship on visit visa?
2. Can I get a Affidavit of support or financial statement support from my Uncles living in USA or should it be my father if I'm applying for multiple visit visa.
4. How can I show I have good ties with my country to come back for. My parent's live over there and the last time I traveled there was January 2012 for 4 months. Before going to US (2008) that I traveled every year for 17 years.
5. Can I get sponsorship from my Uncle's company?

Any related thoughts would be apreciated

First You have a three year bar because you accrued more than 180 days of illegal presence. So you will be eligible to apply for a visa three years after your departure date. Now to answer your other questions.

1. Each can be applied for. H1B, you need a sponsor to file an petition on your behalf before you can even apply for the visa. You can get employment sponsorship on a visitors visa but will have to convert to a working visa. The chances of approval are low.

2. Any of them is fine.

3. Read the visa section of the US embassy for list of documents and/or proofs to show ties to home country. Does not guarantee anything though.

5. Yes

Good luck!

Hello there,
Sorry to make this lengthy, did not want to leave any info out

I was an F-1 student in Strayer university, VA,USA from 2008-2011. Out of 3 courses of a semester I missed 7 classes of one course because it was in another city, but I realized too late that they are serious about F1 student laws and i was arrested by the ICE officers in my house on Sep 2010.
I was out of status around April 2010 and was trying to apply for reinstatement but got denied.I was out of jail on bond. I then had court date, lost the case and I opted for Voluntary departure. I left USA September 2011, the date given by the court. Overstay of 9 months because of reinstatement, and court dates.

At the moment I'm in United Arab emirates and Strayer allowed me to graduate my last semester from UAE. The moment I graduated, the next week UAE stopped issuing work visas for Bengali nationals where i'm a passport holder and i'm unemployed for a year.

It been 1 year 7 months since I have been out of USA.

1. I want to apply for an appropriate visa for the US to go and get work authorization. Is B1 or H1b would be appropriate or which one will I be eligible for. Can a person get employment sponsorship on visit visa?
2. Can I get a Affidavit of support or financial statement support from my Uncles living in USA or should it be my father if I'm applying for multiple visit visa.
4. How can I show I have good ties with my country to come back for. My parent's live over there and the last time I traveled there was January 2012 for 4 months. Before going to US (2008) that I traveled every year for 17 years.
5. Can I get sponsorship from my Uncle's company?

Any related thoughts would be apreciated

First You have a three year bar because you accrued more than 180 days of illegal presence. So you will be eligible to apply for a visa three years after your departure date. Now to answer your other questions.

1. Each can be applied for. H1B, you need a sponsor to file an petition on your behalf before you can even apply for the visa. You can get employment sponsorship on a visitors visa but will have to convert to a working visa. The chances of approval are low.

2. Any of them is fine.

3. Read the visa section of the US embassy for list of documents and/or proofs to show ties to home country. Does not guarantee anything though.

5. Yes

Good luck!

No my visa was valid, but the overstay was due to waiting for the immigration court date, reinstatement and ASAP federal program completion without which I couldn't leave the country, because my passport was with ICE.