Remove Green Card Status--Return back to country

ROY ELIZONDO

I am an U.S. citizen. I married my wife five years ago. About 3 yr years ago she got her perm. resident green card. I then petition her daughter who was 16-17 years at that time. Her daughter arrived in the states about 7 weeks ago from the Philippines. She got her social security card and perm. resident green card about two weeks ago. ( Today is Nov. 13, 2002.)
Problem: Since she arrived she has been making life a living hell for her mother, and specially me. I had similair problems with
her while she was still in the Philippines. She is smart mouth, disobey's, negetive attitude; just no respect for me after I have
done so much for her. I recent her disrespect towards me. I am thinking about sending her back, maybe change her status. Is there something I can do if I do decide that I don't want her here?
I can be contected at e-mail royeliz@aol.com
Thanks
Roy

Roy,

sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to revoke her Green Card and send her back home.

What you can do is send her to boot camp. ( A place where disobedient children are generally sent to get them back in shape.)

If you and your wife feel that she is being abusive or threatening to you both you can contact your police and see what they can do about her. But your best bet is to send her to boot camp.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi, thank you for the information.
My step daughter by the way is 21 years old. Just
to mate sure I understood; once a person has her
or his perm. resident green card the petitioner can
not later ask to revoke the status and return back
to his/her country?
Yours truly,
Roy

That would be correct.

if she had a conditional greencard you could have done something about it.

Hope that helps.

Sorry guys my take on this is very different. I believe that no matter how difficult the relationship may be, you should not do anything to hurt the individual 's( in this case your step daughter )
immigration status.

You will have the individual hating you even more. A long time from today, when she and you look back, you will turn out to be the wise one for not doing anything drastic.

To answer your immigration question, I do not believe that you can do anything. I suggest counseling to resolve the situation or to make it bearable.

I know that it is easy for me to say this, you have endure it.

Good Luck

I agree with COLABA. Taking away someone's greencard may be too harsh in such situations. As bad as she may have been to you and your wife, I think you should punish her differently. That said, a green card can be taken away from any green card holder if INS finds out that you have been convicted of a felony.