Removal and DV2005

Michail

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,
I have one question. Like many others I applied for asylum in year 2001 on interview they refused to give me an assylee status and since that time my case is in immigration court and asylum still pending.
Can somebody tell me in case I win DV-2005 will I be able to start AOS procedure, 'cause basically I am in the country legally, every year I apply and they grant me Employment Authorization (already for three years) , I am working and paying taxes, etc...

If not, do you think the lawyer will be able to do something about it, like file a petition to judge and ask him to let me start an AOS procedure????

Thanks for answers,

UUhh take a number and wait in lane.:D
16y's ,many,many thousads of $$$$ everything denied and still waiting federalcourt.

care2much

WOW!!!
16 years of immigration courts???
Did you get an employment authorization every year???
They still keep granting you EAD??
I guess DV-2005 is no help huh??

As people start receiving DV2005 Notification letters that question is getting more popular, there is gotta be somebody who did that before, for example, somebody who had case pending in immigration court and won DV 2004.
WE MUST FIND THAT SOMEBODY!!!!!
For a lot of people it might be the only chance because court decision most likely are against people,
So I think it's very important to know for sure, if you won lottery can you start Adjustment of Status, while case is in court!!!!
So everybody, let's get serious and find answer on that question :)

It depends on if you entered the country legally and if you have kept lawful status since that entry. IT does not sound like you have been in lawful status, so the answer to your question is almost certainly negative.