relocation and interview

floating cloud

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all

I am asking this question for a friend, he had filed 485 with CSC and he is switching job to a different state, but he really doest want to have his case transfered to the service center where he will be living, he is planning on have his address changed to a address of his friend's place , and come back to CA for interview if there will be one (or better still if he can be lucky and get approval without hassel , get back here for stamping), would this be feasibel? what would happen if he get RFE or interview? and INS will find out that he has been relocated? please comment.

INS could ask for paystubs etc. and if they mention a NON CA address on them, that could raise an eyebrow. But he could get lucky, the IIO might not notice it, and he might just get away with an RFE .. that is if he gets one.

Remember, everything with INS is probability, there are no certains.

hi, silly man, thanks for the reply, can you speculate what would happen if there is an interview? will they say , ok your have relocated , but you give us false address, will he be in trouble? will they kick his case to the other service center? or can they simply deny him? I know these are all highly unpredictable scenarios which even the freaking IIO may not know the answer, but can anyone speculate?

Like I said, it's all probability.

As of today, they usually donot reject a case, but y'know what if he is in a bad mood around then. It's very very very hard to predict that, except your friend should know he is taking a risk by doing so. So far rejected cases are < 1% of the total, and usually I would presume those are very valid reasons.

How much risk? Can't tell. And even if we did a little study here, it might change by the time he faces an interview.

How about this, will his new company agree on postmarking his paystubs/w2's etc. to the california address?

Floating_cloud,
It's a stupid idea to give wrong and un-local address. Of course, the case can be denied because of this.
I strongly suggest your friend give an address in his new location.

Hi

I filed for my 485 in CA while living in TX and have since moved to OH. I have sent in my change of address and according to my attorney, who enquired over phone, the change has been reflected in my 485 application. I am still in the same job, though my company got acquired. Of course, I am still waiting for my approval. According to my attorney, this complicates the case, but should not pose a problem.

Bye

OK, if he change his address to the new location (in another SC jurisdiction), will that gurantee a transfer of case to the nwe center or interview??

mobiusme72: would you kindly let me know the detail, so your case is still in CSC? is there possiblity they will transfer your case to NSC since you have move to OH? let me know thanks

Yes, My case is still with CSC. And I think the possibility of transfer to local INS office is higher than transfer to NSC. That is solely based on some similar cases in this forum and not much else. So, basically I am not saying which is better, only that this is what I did. Sorry. Bye. I'd be gone for a few days and cannot check this forum.

as per my lawyer...

if you have a valid address in CA, then that is fine. Here valid mean where you can lay your hands on the mail. My processing is from CA as my company was there and I have give my cousin's c/o address. In fact all my applications says c/o XXXXXX. I got my fingerprinting, EADs, APs. My lawyer also intimated change of employement per AC21. I am in PA now, but still maintian the CA c/o address and got my second EAD and AP. It was mailed c/o to my cousin CA who sent it to me.

I dont anticipate any problem for 485 too. Worst case they transfer to PA for interview. So fine, I have everything needed to face it.

Bottom line is how your lawyer handles it.

NOW THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THAT 485 IS NOT MOVING ... :-(