Relocating to the US as a Business Person

wiz44

I understand there are special considerations in US laws for non-US persons (who have businesses that can benefit the US) to immigrate to the US, or have a million dollars to invest.

I live in the Caribbean, but I am considering setting up an LLC in the US for my Internet companies. Will this consideration improve my odds of personally locating to the US? I don't have a million dollars right now, but my proposed US company, once Incorporated, will be taxed like a US entity!

Any assistance in answering this question will be appreciated :).

I live in the Caribbean, but I am considering setting up an LLC in the US for my Internet companies. Will this consideration improve my odds of personally locating to the US? I don't have a million dollars right now, but my proposed US company, once Incorporated, will be taxed like a US entity!

The LLC doesn't matter. Either you've invested the million (or 500k) and created the jobs for Americans, or you haven't.

The LLC doesn't matter. Either you've invested the million (or 500k) and created the jobs for Americans, or you haven't.

This is a very important distinction. The million dollar investment figure that is required to take part in the Eb5 Visa Program can be lowered to $500,000 if the investment is made in a targeted employment area (an area where the unemployment rate is at least 150% that of the national average). That $500,000 can also be invested into a Regional Center, where you will receive help with the managing of the investment, and meeting the requirements of the visa. So, you do have a few more options than you originally thought.

Why would you move successful company to usa ... Planing to scam some investors on large scale eh??

Visitor Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued to people entering U.S. temporarily for business (B-1), or for pleasure/ medical treatment (B-2). These are generally issued for a period of six months, but an additional maximum extension of 6 months can be granted based on the USCIS(INS) approval.