Religous Asylum

gtaid1

Registered Users (C)
I came to US 6 month ago with F1 visa. I studied English and then got accepted for Graduate school. Now after one quarter I have to leave university for personal reasons which means I have to go back to my country. I used to be a Muslim in my home country and I am from Iran. However, I am now a Christian. I am really scared of going back, even my family may be against me if I go back :-(

Do I have any chance for granting asylum? and should I apply before dropping school?

I am in southern California now and I heard it takes a long time to get the asylum interview. Can I get EAD if 5 months pass from my application date?

It is best if you can visit some non goverment agency or not for profit agency dealing with immigration related matters or if you can afford it, go to an immigration lawyer. or You can visit the USCIS page which tells about Asylum.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I came to US 6 month ago with F1 visa. I studied English and then got accepted for Graduate school. Now after one quarter I have to leave university for personal reasons which means I have to go back to my country. I used to be a Muslim in my home country and I am from Iran. However, I am now a Christian. I am really scared of going back, even my family may be against me if I go back :-(

Do I have any chance for granting asylum? and should I apply before dropping school?

I am in southern California now and I heard it takes a long time to get the asylum interview. Can I get EAD if 5 months pass from my application date?