religious workers comprise a very small portion of total legal immigration

shuraz

Registered Users (C)

AILA WASHINGTON UPDATE
Volume 7, Number 12, October 10, 2003

While the law provides for up to 5,000 visas a year under the program, the number has remained far below that cap. In fiscal year 2002, for example, 1,413 religious workers became permanent residents through the special immigrant category, as did 1,714 spouses and children. (see H. Rpt. 108-271 at p. 2). Of that number, only 389 individuals arrived from abroad, while 87.6 percent adjusted status in the United States. In the broader picture, religious workers comprise a very small portion of total legal immigration to the United States—0.3 percent of the 1,063,732 immigrants in fiscal year 2002.

So it's just another excuse used by USCIS. Moral is don't believe any excuse from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
but now with increased

importance to religion i am thinking of applying as a pastor:D :D :D it would be faster

Can a non salaried position like decon of a church or member of executive commitee of the religious body apply for immigration under the relegious category EB4 for Green card ?
Let me know ...thanks

TOMBAAN ....

Say ...you GOT the GC anyway ...... in the religious quota ....
Will you be a PASTOR later or work in IT ?

Just curious ..... bcos I am planning for one .... as it does seem EBs will have to wait for a long time to come ...

:D :rolleyes: ;)

--------------------
RD AUG 02

I guess it's ok if you'll be worshipping the servers at your employer's location. May be we should organize some kind of IT church (such as United Programmers Church or Sysadmin Orthodox Church) and prove to BCIS that IT is a religion.

for (int i=0; i<allDay.length; i++) {
&nbsp; &nbsp;praiseTheServer(i);
}
amen();

it will not be written on your GC under which category you got buddy...

It will not be written on your GC under which category you got buddy...
you can still work praying all the day to keep your job for the rest of your life!!!;) :rolleyes: