Relieved!!! 485 Approved [ ND 1/27/04 ]

GCJaisaKoiNahi

Registered Users (C)
Me and spouse's 485 have been approved on 27th April. I am vacationing in India and came to know about it couple of days ago.

I am grateful to Rajiv khanna and to all the forum members especially old veterans who have suffered a lot and few are still suffering, but they never tired of giving valuable information. VSC 485 and 140 forum rocks. I have spent uncountable mornings afternoons evenings and nights with these forums.
Thank you everybody and hope that everyone will get approvals soon.

I am returning US next week. Anyone out there please tell me what care I should I take at POE? any particulare document I should carry? We have valid AP.
Another question : Is there any time limit that one should return to USA after one learned about the 485 approval? My wife is planning to return after 4 to 6 months. She has valid AP. experts pl comments

CASE Details

PD : Feb 2002 Labour AD: August 2003
140: ND 12/5/2003 AD July 2004 No RFE
485: ND 1/27/2004 AD 4/27/2005 No RFE
FBI Name Check cleared on 9/22/04
FP 9/7/2004
485 LUD : 2/1, 5/4(after COA), 9/10 (after FP), 12/16,12,17 (after COA), 2/16/05,2/17 , 3/24 ( after status enquiry), 3/25, 3/28, 4/28 (Approval)

how to find out whether FBI Name Check has been completed

how to find out whether FBI Name Check has been completed

Congrats! Finally journey is nearing end.

I am returning US next week. Anyone out there please tell me what care I should I take at POE? any particulare document I should carry? We have valid AP.

you need the I485 original receipt along with the AP at POE, and don't mention anything about the approval.

Another question : Is there any time limit that one should return to USA after one learned about the 485 approval? My wife is planning to return after 4 to 6 months. She has valid AP. experts pl comments

This is too long....why do you want to take risk? Get back in time and stamp the passport. Later go on another vacation for 4 months. It is worth loosing that money instead of fighting with these morons. You have already frustrated with USCIS treatment...why give them a chance?

I agree with rajudm. Both of you should come back and get the stamping. Then she can go back to continue her vacation. If she stays in India for this long after GC approval you may have trouble bringing her back. Spend the bucks to get her to US rather than take the risk of losing GC. This may mean she will have to change your eagerly awaited plans, but keeping GC status intact is far far more important than enjoyment of a vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree too

First congrats on your GC journey. I think the best bet is to return to US, get ur ppt stamped and ur "harapatha". Sit in your living room, chill out, breathe sigh of relief" and then book a ticket to go to India for one year (not just 4 months). You have already dealt with these jokers and don't want to deal with them again..

Good luck.

Thank you my friends. Thanks harish, raju, sertra2002, krns, LiveAndLetLive, dallasgang and rohilr. It had been wonderful time reading your postings. It had been a roller coster of different emotions.. anxiety,excitement, anger,nervouness, joy and what not but it was fun.

I entered US last week on AP. No questioned asked at POE. although my 485 was approved before entering US, office let me in only as a Parolee. Smooth re entry.

I had taken info pass appointment for today.I went early morning 6.30, came out at 7.20 with 551 stamp on PP. No prole, whatesever.

My wife is still in India.As you all advised, paralegal to my attorney suggesting me same thing. As per my paralegal, "my spouse's AP is technically invalid.She has to go for 551 stamping within 30 days after 485 approval".
I am not sure how true is this 30 days rule. Any takers for what she said??

Good luck everyone. Wish all awaiters very speedy approvals.