Relax. I spoke to the Department of State

Tonytoo

Please dont panic before any news is certain. I have an
interview at the madras consulate as well on June 19th.
I spoke to a person incharge of india affairs at the
Department of state. He indicated that services for
immigrant and non-immigrant visas will continue in India.
He said that nothing in the travel advisory puts a restriction
on consular services. So until you hear otherwise from
a confirmed source, relax and watch WorldCup soccer 2002.

Good luck to you all.

-Raj.

Thanks!!

Hi,
thanks for this info. I am sure there are lot of people concerned about it. If you hear anything new can you also post it in Confirmed June chennai interviews thread?
Thanks
Vish

Contact at State Department

The state department\'s main switch board number is:

(202) 647-4000

Call and ask to speak to someone at the India desk.

Hope this helps.

-raj.

Great

Is this the tele#(2026474000) of DOS (I mean NVC, St Louis, MO)? I have sent my P3 on May11th and they have not encash the Cashier\'s cheque yet. Do you have any idea if I call this number, they would able to answer anything?
Would appreciate any info.

Thanks a lot..

Thanks for posting this news..I hope and pray to god that good sense would prevail in both countries and everyone would get out of this mess as early as possible.

Shanks

We know how the DOS works...

we should better know the situation in India than the DOS. our own relatives in India are not losing their sleep. out here, people get paranoid even if there is a comet plunging into Jupiter. so don\'t worry. Yes, you can be careful.

and of course, interests of India should come before one\'s own personal interest. obviously, having gotten by GC, it\'s easier to say that...but i would appeal all of you to be careful but not paranoid.

Called up Mumbai Consulate

I called up Mumbai consulate last night and the operator there told me that the consulate is open and they continue to process visas, both immigrant and non-immigrant.