Relax everyone...

gc_retrogress

Registered Users (C)
Everyone wants their GC asap....retro dates moved so it made a bunch of us current. Even though I have 01 PD, I will be filing I-485 now.

Atleast we should be happy that they moved the retro. So it will be a matter of time before we see an end to this madness.

Take it easy...enjoy the summer.

:) :)

Now welcome to NC ...

Everyone wants their GC asap....retro dates moved so it made a bunch of us current. Even though I have 01 PD, I will be filing I-485 now.

Atleast we should be happy that they moved the retro. So it will be a matter of time before we see an end to this madness.

Now welcome everyone to the Name check retro: we are all screwed by this delay... this is the last gray area...
:mad:

Name Check ...

Now welcome everyone to the Name check retro: we are all screwed by this delay... this is the last gray area...
:mad:

- Can anyone share, when does your app goes for name check after you file 485/AOS?
- How do we know when it is sent for name check?
- I heard not every app gets to name check, Is that true?

Thanks in advance...

Can anyone share, when does your app goes for name check after you file 485/AOS? --- After 1-2 months of I-485 Recipt date

- How do we know when it is sent for name check? -- By calling USCIS/FBI

- I heard not every app gets to name check, Is that true? --- NO WRONG..Each and every app has to go...

- Can anyone share, when does your app goes for name check after you file 485/AOS?
- How do we know when it is sent for name check?
- I heard not every app gets to name check, Is that true?

Thanks in advance...

Can anyone share, when does your app goes for name check after you file 485/AOS? --- After 1-2 months of I-485 Recipt date

- How do we know when it is sent for name check? -- By calling USCIS/FBI

- I heard not every app gets to name check, Is that true? --- NO WRONG..Each and every app has to go...
officially you are not supposed to call uscis unless processing time is beyond 30 days of your 485 RD.....and FBI is not supposed to have any direct liason with you...hence you are not supposed to call them too..

everyone goes to NC, few get out within a week (20% lucky)......average is 6-8 months(35%)....bad luck cases is 16-20 months(20%)..........super bad luck 30-40 months (2-3%).

Last edited by a moderator:
What you said is 100% true "everyone goes to NC, few get out within a week (20% lucky)......average is 6-8 months(35%)....bad luck cases is 16-20 months(20%)..........super bad luck 30-40 months (2-3%)"..

I came to know by calling USCIS and Sending e-mail to FBI. I came out in average as it took 8 months to get the name check cleared...So no harm in finding with both the agencies. I got the same reply from both the agencies.

Sree

officially you are not supposed to call uscis unless processing time is beyond 30 days of your 485 RD.....and FBI is not supposed to have any direct liason with you...hence you are not supposed to call them too..

everyone goes to NC, few get out within a week (20% lucky)......average is 6-8 months(35%)....bad luck cases is 16-20 months(20%)..........super bad luck 30-40 months (2-3%).

I come under super bad category. May be you can asy worst category.

My name check is pending from almost 4 years now. Don't know whats going on.

I read somewhere on forum that someone asked during infopass appointment about name check during 2005 and was told that his name check is clear. when he called again uscis somewhere in 2007 he got answer that your security check is still pending.

I don't know whether name check expires like FP or not? I hope it doesn't expie else we are all going to wait forever for this.

what e-mail address or phone number can we call for Name Check

Hello Name Check Gurus,

What e-mail address or phone number can we call for Name Check.
And, will this request by itself cause any problems delays etc.
Will there be a LUD or awcknoledgement in the form of a letter,
when NC is complete ? Most of ours become current in June,
will it help to be proactive and start asking about NC.

-ac
PD 11/2001
about to get my 3rd EAD/AP
2nd FP done early May/07

Thanks for that information, are there any rule who should schedule info pass appointment. My 485 RD is August 2005 now TSC processing date for 485 is one year past my date, but my PD is June 2005.
Can I take a infopass appointment to check my namecheck is completed.

Best option to find out whether yuor case is stuck in namecheck or not is to take infopass appointment.

Did you give this advice to USCIS before giving it to us - To relax.

Thanks for that information, are there any rule who should schedule info pass appointment. My 485 RD is August 2005 now TSC processing date for 485 is one year past my date, but my PD is June 2005.
Can I take a infopass appointment to check my namecheck is completed.
you cannot enquire unless your PD is current.

Hello Name Check Gurus,

What e-mail address or phone number can we call for Name Check.
And, will this request by itself cause any problems delays etc.
Will there be a LUD or awcknoledgement in the form of a letter,
when NC is complete ? Most of ours become current in June,
will it help to be proactive and start asking about NC.

-ac
PD 11/2001
about to get my 3rd EAD/AP
2nd FP done early May/07

Here is the email address you can use to send the request to check for the Name Check.
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

and make sure to send the following information with your email.
Name:
Date of Birth:
Alien #
Receipt I-485 #
Address:
Phone #
Country of Birth:

Answer to your questions: It will not delay your GC process in any shape or form.

FBI used to earlier email the status of Namecheck, but about 2 yrs back they have stopped doing this.As far as i know they do not give any info now.

Is there anybody here who has got the Name check clearance email from FBI within the last 6 Months ? I mean getting the info directly from FBI and not through Congressmen / Senators.

Regards