Relatives...

muslikcat

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have gotten my GC couple of months before (AS6) I would like my mother and brother immigrate in US eventually. What forms I should file? I would like to file these forms before the fee increase. Thanks.

Hi,
I have gotten my GC couple of months before (AS6) I would like my mother and brother immigrate in US eventually. What forms I should file? I would like to file these forms before the fee increase. Thanks.

You cant sponsor your parents until you become a citizen. You have no rights with a GC...

You cant sponsor your parents until you become a citizen. You have no rights with a GC...
During the time when i was in the assylum process my lawyer said that there is a program called family reunion which allows you to invite parents for immigration. I might have misunderstood him then.

During the time when i was in the assylum process my lawyer said that there is a program called family reunion which allows you to invite parents for immigration. I might have misunderstood him then.

Sorry your lawyer was wrong. It can only work if you are a u.s citizen. As an LPR, you can sponsor your spouse/kid but that takes 7 years or so...

Sorry your lawyer was wrong. It can only work if you are a u.s citizen. As an LPR, you can sponsor your spouse/kid but that takes 7 years or so...
I just called the INS customer service about this question.
The representative have told me that once i become a citizen
it will take about 6 months for my mother to be able to come to US after filling necessary documents. Whereas, it will take about 6 years for my brother to be able to come to US after submitting the forms. I am confused.

it will take about 6 months for my mother to be able to come to US after filling necessary documents. Whereas, it will take about 6 years for my brother to be able to come to US after submitting the forms. I am confused.

It will take your brother between 12-13 years...not 6

The difference is because there is a quota of immigration visas for your brother, but not for your parents.