Rejoice,NSC moved 4 months since Oct!!!!

genemaster I understand what you are going thro'. It will get over, know that. Take it easy.

Also if your wife has a degree in a "lucrative profession" why didn't she get an H1-B on her own for all these years ? I think you should not put that blame on USCIS.

My wife has a non-IT, so to say lucrative profession and has always stood independent of my visa status.

...independence...

...in a post nine/eleven America for an immigrant on an H4 visa? What are you talking about?Yes, her profession is super lucrative but only a lucky few get to be sponsored for an H1B in the state we are in.On top of everything sponsorship requires equivalency exams and several certifications, so it takes 3-4 years just to get that done.On the other hand, we could have moved to Iowa or Dakotas but then, what would I do? Raise cattle (no offense)? Yes, it is nice to be independent but after trying a thousand times and failing, one gets to wonder: does this country really want me?
Thank you for the kind words of support, though. We are all in this mess together and hopefully we will all soon get out of it...

GM;)

umm.... I do not understand. It 180 days have elapsed since you filed for 485 and EAD, then your wife should already have her EAD and can work anywhere.

But yeah, the whole process sucks. I went thru the same route.. F1, OPT, H1b, GC.. took 9 years.

also, when using AC-21, no one says that you have to be in the same exact job. You have to be in the same job CATEGORY which can be very broad. I know people who have switched jobs, increased their salaries substantially and doing better things etc.

then again, your mileage may vary.