• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Rejection reasons ?

krolik

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone,

do you know of the most popular reasons of being denied GC during your interview at the consulate?

What are the most common mistakes that people make during interview?

Thanks for all answers!

I think the main point of interview is to prove you are not going to be public charge, i. e. you have enough money or sponsor or job or all of the above.

Depending where you are from, you might not even have an interview. In my case, I went to the Consulate, handed my paper and they asked me to sit. Few minutes (well hours...) later, they called me, asked me to swear everything was true, requested my fingerprint and asked me to sit again for few minutes (well hours again...). Then, a guy showed up with my passport and the visa. That was it.
If you can prove that you can support yourself in some way (listed on the documents), then you are fine.

well, they grill Russians and others from former SU a lot more. Krolik seems to be speaking Russian, so I'd offer him/her to see our DV forum www.ulitka.com. Lots of stories of the interviews...

The latest development seems to be that the consul shows you a printout of a "duplicate" entry you allegedly made and denies you a visa without explanations. At least two people on our forum report this happening and swear they never sent duplicate entries....

ALso, administrative/security checks are lasting months, and even you went through the interview and were promised a visa "as soon as the check is over", the check just doesn't end by the end of September, and you are out of luck.

Consular officers often demand an affidavit of support from an LPR or USC, even if you are showing them money in the bank, job offers, etc. If you have no friends/relative willing or able to sign one for you, you are out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all answers.
I am from Poland, I hope CP won't be too hard. Although, everything can happen.

Yes I know some words sound the same in polish and russian :) Please say "hello" to your polish husband from me and my husband :)

However, I would like to ask you one more qestion. DO you know if everyone goes through security check (which takes months) in CP or it is the consul who picks people at random during interview?

I appreciate your answer
Krolik (Aleksandra ;) )

for people somehow connected with Russia and the former SU, the security check is not unusual. For my parents it lasted 3 weeks. For another couple who immigrated from Russia to Israel first - they were waiting for 8 months. But not everyone goes through it. :) For some the check is done prior to the interview. :) Many report getting the visas the same day.

:) I will definitely say hi to my hubby for you. :) Good luck at the interview!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to everyone,
please help out with your experiences.
I had an interview in Frankfurt last febraury and was informed that my medical results are ok but that they have to do some checks before i eventually get the visa.Its more than two months now and i have not heard from the consulate.Is there anyone here who had the experience of taking an interview for DV in Frankfurt recently.Please help out,am already loosing hopes.
VERAROSE

I think you have a point LucyMo,
i did not show money.I had just finished graduate studies and only had an afidavit of support from my cousin.The consular officer wanted to know if i had an income but i said No.She asked why my afidavit had no taxcard attached and i said i received it like that from my sponsors legal adviser.
Well at the end,the worksheet given to me did not indicate that i needed to bring something else.I think i would have been told.So i think apart from showing money, having an afidavit, preferable from someone in the US could be a good idea.

Thanks again LucyMo
:) i shall resume my calls at the consulate from moday.And should i have the FBI number,i will call them too.
But is this normal? What has been the experiences of others,i mean has anyone had to stay for so long?
Hoping to hear from you
Verarose

during the interview did they tell you to bring any additional docs? did they say it's just a security check?

I know of people whose security check lasted for months, and they didn't get the visas by September 30th. They got nothing.

Hallo LucyMo
to answer your question, i was not asked to bring anything else.The pending work-sheet paper i received had nothing marked on it.
The responses from the consulate hardly spoke of security checks as such.
They either said "we are still doing some checkings" or "checking for documents"
I have had this response about six times already.
It would be terrible to have this check carry on till september 30th.