Rejection Notice: What Does This Mean??

gc-thro-spouse

Registered Users (C)
We filed for GC (my spouse is a US Citizen) and mailed the package to Chicago lockbox. We received the NDs yesterday for 485, 130, 131. The fees of $395, $190, and $170 has been withdrawn from our bank account

However, for the I-765, the ND says:
NOTICE TYPE: Rejection Notice
"Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application, or the incorrect fee was submitted. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time. Please comply with any other reject notice you may receive."

We had submitted a $180 fee with the I-765 form, which has not been withdrawn from the our bank acct. We relooked the appln and as per the rules, under the c(9) category, we need a pay $180 fee.

Please help with these questions:
1. What does it mean? Has the I-765 appln been rejected?
2. Should we resend it?
3. Who can I call to find out what we need to do?

Thanks! We're really confused:confused:

I got several rejection notices...Did they send your check back w/the 765??
If they didnt I would wait a few days and see if you get a acceptance letter...My 130 was rejected said the same thing check wrong amount they didnt send the check back and then a week later I got the notice saying it was accepted...Good luck

Thanks for your input. No, they did not send the check with the rejection notice. We'll wait for a week or so. If we do not hear from them, should we resend the 765 to Chicago Lockbox?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just so weird. They're usually very accurate when it comes to money...

I'm sorry it happened to you, but I think poohsmum gave you a good advice - wait a little, maybe they'll figure out that they were wrong. You can always call the Customer Service Center, but I'm not sure how knowledgeable they are when it comes to this stuff. So worse comes to worse, you may have to resubmit it... :(

gc-thro-spouse said:
We filed for GC (my spouse is a US Citizen) and mailed the package to Chicago lockbox. We received the NDs yesterday for 485, 130, 131. The fees of $395, $190, and $170 has been withdrawn from our bank account

However, for the I-765, the ND says:
NOTICE TYPE: Rejection Notice
"Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application, or the incorrect fee was submitted. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time. Please comply with any other reject notice you may receive."

We had submitted a $180 fee with the I-765 form, which has not been withdrawn from the our bank acct. We relooked the appln and as per the rules, under the c(9) category, we need a pay $180 fee.

Please help with these questions:
1. What does it mean? Has the I-765 appln been rejected?
2. Should we resend it?
3. Who can I call to find out what we need to do?

Thanks! We're really confused:confused:

With the timing of applications, it may be redundant to file your I-765 at this point,

If everything else goes through then you may get your GC before EAD and wont need EAD,

The EAD (765) is only neccesary if you feel you need to obtain employment prior to GC approval once you receive GC the EAD is NOT neccesary.

However I would schedule an Info pass Appt. and inquire about this.

Thanks for your advise. I'll try and get an appointment. Who knows how long it will take for the green card to come through! Thanks.

I-485 denied

my I-485 has been denied because my husband and i did not show up for the interview . The problem is we never got any notice to appear for the interview . we went to the local office in orlando to talk to an officer but they told us to pay for another form costing 385 to file for motion to re-open case . we got a receipt notice which say it might take up to about 1 year for them to make a decision . Now they have cancelled my working authorization so i have been home almost 6 months without work . husbby is stressing outand i am too because one person's income is not enough you know . Any suggestion what we should do . husbby is a citizen . please help us .

jewuramaa said:
my I-485 has been denied because my husband and i did not show up for the interview . The problem is we never got any notice to appear for the interview . we went to the local office in orlando to talk to an officer but they told us to pay for another form costing 385 to file for motion to re-open case . we got a receipt notice which say it might take up to about 1 year for them to make a decision . Now they have cancelled my working authorization so i have been home almost 6 months without work . husbby is stressing outand i am too because one person's income is not enough you know . Any suggestion what we should do . husbby is a citizen . please help us .

Start A new Thread for this question