Rejected H1B Visa Revalidation - Please help!!!

Well, the logic is that - the only successful case so far I saw since last August is from a Pakistani couple. See my post on the first page of this thread.

Hi

Dear all,

It seems again this is a subjective procedure. I am thinking about sending in again to try my luck again. Since they have record of me, this might be a badddd move. What do you guys think? What would happen?

:confused:

My opinion..

Unless you have a very strong reason to support your case, I think it'll just be a waste of money. I've never heard any males from my country (indonesia) who got their H1 revalidated within the last few months - and that may go for malaysia too.

If I were you, I would wait for a trend where people from these "blacklisted" countries start getting validation again. Having more rejection in your application will probably raise their suspicions and will hurt you in the long run even though you didn't do anything wrong.

Just my 2 cents, though..

:(

Well

Well, I dont think those listed countries folks will started getting Visa Revalidation or other immigration matters smoothly (like waiting period for Visa at consulate) within years or so... I bet things gonna get worse.

I remeber those days right after that horrible incident people were still getting visa. I abstain to apply thinking things will get better, lets wait. Lets wait. Even 2002 March when some folks were getting some folks were rejected, I thoght lets wait little more. It was a great mistake. I dont think this things gonna get better for US, it will get worse considering more upcoming war and stuff.

Now, me and my wife living apart. Cannot bring wife even though I have valid H1B, but dont have visa stamp in the passport. They are saying your wife wont be issued visa unless you have visa.

Things are very terrible now a days. It is happening for a group of people, not a written rule. Therefore, there will not be any propaganda that can eleminate those practices.

All we can do to try and watch what happen.

I am in the same boat

Hi All,

Last year, my application for revalidation from St. Louis was rejected as well. I am from Bangladesh.

I am thinking of trying out my luck again, after I report to INS for special registration. May be, things will be different once they see the special registration number on the back of my I-94. Or in the worst case scenario, they will just eat the $100 and send me back my passport like the last time.

I can not go back to Bangladesh and apply for a visa since it can take forever to get a visa from their. I hope that someone making the decision understands this issue.

Wish me luck. I am going for the special registration tomorrow.

bye now.

klpd4dc

Hello,
This is the first time I got someone from Bangladesh "my country".
There are not many people around or quiet.

I never had H1B visa, get converted from F1 to H1B. From Bangladesh it is taking forever, I know.

I am really stuck, even though I really need to travel BD.

Very frustrating....

Sahin,
If you have converted from F-1 to H1-B and is planning to get it revalidated from within USA and do not already have a H-1 stamp in your passport, you will not succeed. As revalidation can only be done if you already have a visa stamp of the same category. I already have heard of denial to revalidate visas from your country as well as other "Muslim" dominated countries...there are no reason attached...You could try Mexico or Canada, with the risk of getting stranded there for months for "security check" or get a stamp from BD. Best of all is not to travel at all under the present circumstances.

Debasis Chakrabarti

Yea, I know Revalidation is only for those who has issued visa at least once for H1/L1. This is not for visa categories other than H1/L1 either.

I dont want to revalidate my visa from St. Luis, or I cannot.

You might have misunderstood me thinking why I am in this thread then???

I roam around in every threads and try to gather knowledge.....

Well

Not all Muslim dominated countries are in the list. Brunei Darul Sallam is also a Muslim dominated country but it even has the visa waiver program. What a deal!
It's the Muslim domanated and developing countries we are talking about here.

mesra

You are right. There are about 56 muslim dominated countries..
However, listed countries are about 30 countries. They are having problem.

Sahin,

Welcome Aboard to the world of waiting. lol..

I went for the special registration this morning and things went well. Now I have a FIN# on my I-94 and on my expired visa. I am planning to resend my application for visa revalidation to St. Louis soon. Maybe this time they will have a change of heart this time. Who knows? The only downside that I see to this action is that I loose $100 + s&h. But hey, I can always say that I tried. lol

klpd4dc

yea, does not harm. Give it a shot. I dont have this option open. Thinking to go Dhaka this summer and apply from there..

I know it will take lot of time, I will fly back on my advanced payrol.
My AOS is pending.

Good Luck.

Re: Dates and Reasons

Originally posted by mesra
Well, the reason stated is roughly "your case is not clearly approvable at this moment. please apply at the US embassy oversea".

I am just curious....why cant you try sending your passport again..if not whats the solution???.
:(

Solutions

Hi,
I guess it's clear that at least an advanced parole or a canadian pr will help in this case.
Well, for canadian pr, people from the list of 26 are required to wait for certain time but not as bad as that of home countries.

Hello Guys--

From this forum I understand that if you are national of 26 countries required Special Registration & you have a Canadian PR then instead of wasting time & money to get your visa re-validated from DOS (St.Louis) it is better to get it stamped from Canada.

I want to know that my understanding is correct or not?
Also how much time it takes to get your visa stamp provided you have an apointment?

Any advise / suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sali

I got the same rejected message being a single Chinese M'sian. In addition to the probable reason mentioned above, my first H1B was obtained in Canada instead of M'sia, and believe it's another reason because I just found out in the state department website.

URGET: H1b Revalidation question

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Hruday Kamble, am currently working in US at
Formtek, Inc. I had H1B visa (valid till Nov 01
2005)stamped (revalidated) in my passport in June

Due to change of Location of my company office, the
lawyer applied for an ammendment petetion for Employer
Change of Location. I recently got my New I797
approval notice for H1B visa which is valid till Dec
01 2005.

The question is "Do I need to stamp (revalidate) my
H1B visa again if I visit India?".

It will be great if you please let me know as soon as
possible. I appreciate your kind response.

Thanks,
Hruday

Re: URGET: H1b Revalidation question

Originally posted by hrudayk
Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Hruday Kamble, am currently working in US at
Formtek, Inc. I had H1B visa (valid till Nov 01
2005)stamped (revalidated) in my passport in June

Due to change of Location of my company office, the
lawyer applied for an ammendment petetion for Employer
Change of Location. I recently got my New I797
approval notice for H1B visa which is valid till Dec
01 2005.

The question is "Do I need to stamp (revalidate) my
H1B visa again if I visit India?".

It will be great if you please let me know as soon as
possible. I appreciate your kind response.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
No need.Check this link and info' there:
http://www.travel.state.gov/hlop.html;
It states
'If you changed employers and received a new I-797, Notice of Action, you may reenter the U.S. with a valid visa in the appropriate category and the valid I-797 from your new employer, even though the visa is annotated to reflect your former employer. The Visa Office will not revalidate a visa to reflect a change of employer unless the visa will expire in sixty days or less. '
Only thing is when your renter,show your new I-797 at immigration,they will give a new I-94,based on new I797,if you are already working in the new place.

Thanks,
Hruday