Rejected for Student Visa--Going for Fiance Visa...can she still travel to the U.S.?

CABayArea

I am from California, my fiance is from Japan...

She got rejected for a student visa under 221(g)...we are currently going for a fiance visa. I am back in California. Could she come visit me in California (for under 90 days of course)? Or would she get turned away because she was rejected for a visa? What is the risk of her trying to visit me in the U.S.? Would there be less of a risk if we met up in Canada? What about trying to cross the border in Canada--what is the chance she could be denied entry? Would this risk the fiance visa we are currently going for?

Thanks

Fiancee visa

I am going thru the fiancee visa process right now. I filed the petition back in March, 2006. She is just about to go to the interview for the K-1 visa on Dec. 1. I will be lucky if she gets here by the end of the year. It is a long process, even if there are no problems with the submittals.
Good Luck

Hey Texan,

How long did it take for your petition to be approved and what USCIS service center did you end up having to go through. It would really help me, I've just applied in October -and i'm trying to get an idea of how long it takes. The case processing times on the USCIS webpage just drive me nuts!! They just tell you what "month" they are working on now.... which doesn't exactly explain how long it will take for others to be processed..

Thanks!!! :)

TEXANRR44 said:
I am going thru the fiancee visa process right now. I filed the petition back in March, 2006. She is just about to go to the interview for the K-1 visa on Dec. 1. I will be lucky if she gets here by the end of the year. It is a long process, even if there are no problems with the submittals.
Good Luck