Reissue on renewal of the U.S passport

I am a U.S citizen with OCI card issued in 2008. I have renewed my U.S passport in 2017 before I completed 50 years of age.
I will be completing 50 years in June 2020. But I will be renewing my U.S passport in 2027 only. As per instructions found in CKGS website, I need to get my OCI reissued once when I renew my U.S passport in 2027, (as per their website which states "As per the recent update, OCI card is required to be re-issued once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.").
My understanding is that I can travel to India till 2027 with my exiting OCI card along with my old U.S passport as well as my existing passport and that I have to get my OCI reissued ONCE when I renew my U.S passport in 2017. Is my understanding correct?

I am a U.S citizen with OCI card issued in 2008. I have renewed my U.S passport in 2017 before I completed 50 years of age.
I will be completing 50 years in June 2020. But I will be renewing my U.S passport in 2027 only. As per instructions found in CKGS website, I need to get my OCI reissued once when I renew my U.S passport in 2027, (as per their website which states "As per the recent update, OCI card is required to be re-issued once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.").
My understanding is that I can travel to India till 2027 with my exiting OCI card along with my old U.S passport as well as my existing passport and that I have to get my OCI reissued ONCE when I renew my U.S passport in 2017. Is my understanding correct?
Were you able to confirm your understanding. If so, can you please update. I'm in a similar situation and would like to confirm your understanding. Thanks so much for your time.