regular service passport timeline

tedS

Registered Users (C)
Sorry if this is not the right forum but I dont feel like going to the 'Life After Citizenship' forum just yet as all my friends reside here :)

I applied for regular service passport at the post office on May 25. The lady told me that it will take 4-6 weeks. Can someone share their experience regarding how long it is usually taking for them to send you a passport? I hope I dont regret not shelling out more money and gettig a same day passport from an agency, although I do not have travel plans through end of June.

You should get it in 4-6 weeks, if not sooner. Documentation you sent to prove citizenship will arrive separately, not with your new passport.

getting quicker

I applied with regular service at the ceremony and it took 2 weeks plus a day to get my passport. I checked Yelp for my local passport office and that was consistent with the experience of many others. I'd suggest doing the same for your passport office.

I applied for regular service passport at the post office on May 25. The lady told me that it will take 4-6 weeks. Can someone share their experience regarding how long it is usually taking for them to send you a passport?

It usually takes lower end of their estime time. That is you will get your passport in 4 weeks or even
faster. Most likely you will get it in 3 weeks and half. That usually means people who choose express
service are usally suckers.