registered foreign corporation in Rhode Island

dsrfun

Registered Users (C)
Hi My company is planning to open a branch (registered foreign corporation) in Rhode Island. Can I apply for GC immedeatly after they open the branch. Will this by any chance come under the virtual office scams... If required they might issue the pay checks from the new branch. Please advice.... For how long we need to post the adv. for RIR in Rhode Island. Thanks

Out of luck

You are out luck man. With the new rules It doesn't matter from where you apply, it all depends on your priority date (The date you sent your application to SWA). If you do not clear the whole labour process by DEC 31, 2004 (which is very unlikely) your application will be sent to one of the two Backlog reduction centers (BEC) in Phili or Dallas. The BEC's will get all the pending applications from all the states. They will process by priority date. So, your application will be in the bottom of the huge pile.

I sugest you to follow the new rules closely and how they are implemented. There is lot of speculation about the implementation.

Follow this thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=948832#post948832

--
I am not a lawyer, just my personal opinion.

Damn!!! I am screwed.... So no labor for atleast 1 1/2 years I guess with the new rules, as I cannot apply for LC for atleast two more moths. In that case my case will be directly sent to one of the NPC. I hope DOL implements PERM... but I guess then also they will use some priorty date ....

SO Is this like from now on their is no more luck in LC..... only priority dates which ever state we apply from?????