regd AP use

rpaul

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have valid AP and from previous employer and working on a valid H1b with current employer.

So If I use AP to enter US then I loose H1b status but I can still work for the current employer who sponsored my H1b.I know I can come back to h1b status when i file for h1 extension through the same employer but in another scenario:

my question is:

Q1. Can I still transfer the h1 to another company and come back to h1 status?

Hi,

I have valid AP and from previous employer and working on a valid H1b with current employer.

So If I use AP to enter US then I loose H1b status but I can still work for the current employer who sponsored my H1b.I know I can come back to h1b status when i file for h1 extension through the same employer but in another scenario:

my question is:

Q1. Can I still transfer the h1 to another company and come back to h1 status?

Yes you can still work with your rmployer if you return with the AP, you can even extend it before expiration, also you can move to another (third) employer who will apply for transfer of your H and upon approval of extension or transfer you will resume your H back by then. As said before, EAD is just a piece of card to keep in your wallet and has nothing to do at all for now in the work or travel or readmission.