Regarding Senator

reach_honey

Registered Users (C)
I contacted my local Senator. And was wondering why they are not replying back my call or fax(with our petition).
After 5 days lady from senator office called me. I told her about our cases and she told me that she would get back to me or would get some response from service center.Its already been 9 days then. No reply from any one.

(in my case they are going to check where me case is b'coz my case was filed in CSC and now I'm in VSC since 1 Yr, so they were going the check that whether my case is transfered or not).

Hope something comes up.

:(

My senator take 2 week to reply my enquire and said my case is just on the officer's table under review, it could take 30-60 days. After 60 days, no any news and called again. Replied the case still under reviewing, but it won't take long. After 30 days, no any news and called again. Replied that my case is under FBI name check, no one know how do they check and how long it will take, they will check as long as they want. So after all this, I come back to the beginning. :mad:

Originally posted by yogesi
My senator take 2 week to reply my enquire and said my case is just on the officer's table under review, it could take 30-60 days. After 60 days, no any news and called again. Replied the case still under reviewing, but it won't take long. After 30 days, no any news and called again. Replied that my case is under FBI name check, no one know how do they check and how long it will take, they will check as long as they want. So after all this, I come back to the beginning. :mad:

Hi yogesi

I have the same story. Even now the lady from Congressman is not response to my call. The last time I heard from her that my case with officer and they doing my name & date of birth check.
She also said that the check may take a week or 120 days, so far three months has been passed and no change.

bacha

My situation is very similar as yours. My senator said the name check can take as long as they want. I hope those people can work as efficient as FBI finger printing officers. Could I contact different senator?

bacha

My situation is very similar as yours. My senator said the name check can take as long as they want. I hope those people can work as efficient as FBI finger printing officers. Could I contact different senator?

That's what I am doing now.

This is pretty much scary. If congressman(woman)/senator
tries to avoid us that means we all shouls loose hope of getting everything in time. so now everything sucks for us as we are in limboooooo stage

bacha

Guys,

This is exactly their excuse, which I believe they will use during lawsuit also. Their security checks can take as long as they wish/want.
I believe we should start talking to the ACLU at the state level and the National level.

i have had the same experience...just not the FBI part..but who knows that might be the next thing...my senator said it would take 30 days..after that 60 days..n thats goin to be up soon too..and im sure they'll say 30-60 days again..dont know whats going on...and im just waiting for AP ..wonder how lond I485 wud take:(

black hole

Who can reach those security check people and know the status they are working on?

applicant only can reach immigration attornry;
Congressman's assistant only can reach INS officer.

I got approved too...in 10 days

When I met senator...response was quick and I got approval in 10days too.

I live in CO but case was in vermont.

-Sanju

That is a great website. Thanks for posting.

One (maybe stupid) question....how do I know who my local senator is? I'm not sure which person on my list (TX) is local, or does it not matter?