regarding recent approvals

wudan

Registered Users (C)
It looks like most of the recent approvals are for people with FP done in Nov/Dec. Is that correct? Anyone got approval with a Jan/Feb/Mar FP?

No Title

Please inform if your 485 approved since you completed FP in DEC and still waiting so that i can calculate the timeline from FP to 485 approval.

I am interested in the FP to Approval time interval

I did my FP in March.
It took about 5 1/2 months for me to get the FP - I am sick of waiting.

Quite a few who did their FP in Jan/Feb got their approvals

There is no thumb rule to this....again INS processes randomly though it seems they process most of the cases who did their FP in Nov/Dev.....If you go thru\' rsgrc recent approval threads you can find a bunch of cases who did their fp in Jan/Feb or even March got their approvals.......

doesn\'t matter when you did your FP

I dont think FP date matters plus some ppl do it ahead of scheduled date and some ppl dont. Also FP notices are not sent out in a linear fashion. One of my friends got her FP notice within a month of applying while I had to wait for nearly 4 months. I think the WAC# and hence the ND is a better indicator of approvals.

FP date DOES matter .

Processing on the 485 case only starts after your FP is cleared by FBI and CIA. After that your WAC# playes a role.
It\'s another story that FP notices are not issued in linear order.
I had to send a Fax to get my FP notice and then I got 2 notices.
One of my friend applied I-485 2 months after me but fot FP notice in 1 month only . It\'s absurd ! It\'s INS !

fp\'s are issued as per location

people in LA or SFO gets them in one month of filing i485 where as people in oakland or san jose gets fp\'s in 4 to 5 months. i think approvals mostly depends on ND, again with INS anything can happen.

recent approvals..

it looks to me that recent approvals are based on PD (date they filed an application with DOL)

PD = date when one has filed his/her LC for first time with dept. of labor

Most of the people who got their approvals from this board their Priority dates were earlier than 2001. either 1998,99 or 2000. very few people may be 1 or 2 got approved with pd in-2001.

I called my attorney last week and asked if he got any approvals from any other clients with JULY RD and his answer was he\'s getting plenty of approvals from July RD\'s, but than he added all these approvals were with older PDs(2000 and earlier).he hasn\'t got any approvals from july RD whose PD falls into 2001. july-2001 was the month when all PDs became current. Based on his experience in the past and present, nowadays INS is moving faster. So he hopes that within 2 months or so we\'ll start seeing approvals with PD-2001 Also INS changes it\'s priorities every now and then.
-------------------------------

wac-01-264-5xxxx
PD-january-9th-2001
RD-07/16/01
ND-08/22/01
fp-11/23/01 done as scheduled.
avm updated-12/13/01 process resumed.
still waiting for approval..

Thanks,
bbad

FP notices are issued by national automatic scheduler

It is issued in a sequential order based on
* RD
* ASC location you belong to and how busy it is (For ex. in the bay area SJC is the slower than Oak and SFO being the faster)

From my experience with INS so far, FP notice date is the most predictable thing(after they started using automatic scheduler) if you track RD and ASC location. And I agree some cases do not receive fp notices but I consider them as exceptions.

Like someone pointed out it is not true that FP date does not matter. Only after all your background checks are done, your case will be opened by an officer. And moreover going by the past approvals, in some cases, doing early FP did help in faster approvals.

Sadish,If you do not know how to keep the decorum on a civilized forum, get the hell out of here!

This is a forum where people can ask questions without the risk of being ridiculed.
I think you get the message.
soi

One other strange obervation is that

almost every case I read on this board that went to FP on schedule is a long waiter. There are very few of us who did not know that you could do FP earlier than the appointed time, and went there on schedule. But strangely almost everyone of us is a long waiter. Has anybody else noticed that also?
My case: RD 6/1, ND 8/7, FP done on schedule 1/10, AVM "processing resumed..." ND???
BTW, I just receive another FP notice. Should I go and do it the second time? The AVM does indicate my FP done in January was accepted though. Now I am not only frustrated, but also confused.

Sadish, you are entitled to your idea

and I am to mine. After all this is a free country. But there are proper ways to disagree. I respect your views and I expect you to respect mine too. We can agree to disagree!!
soi

I know FP does not matter in isolation

But coupled with the fact that my RD is 07.20.01 and ND is 08.20.01 (WAC 01-262), I think my approval is overdue. Almost 80% of July applicants have got their approval (as per rsrgc\'s chart)