Regarding Practical Training(I-765)

Nag_pan

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my practical training and INS sent me a receipt notice on april 12th, which said they have recieved my application on Feb 10th but the receipt date is April 10th. As I am working right now I need a temperory work permit. If I want to go get my temporary work authorization card .. Do I need to consider 90 days from Feb 10th or Apr 10th? Please advice....

same case

I am also in same situation. I applied on 24 Feb. and few days back (on 17th Apr.) I got "notice of action" from INS. and on that notice date is 12 Apr and received date is 24 Feb. I was also very confused. And I searched a lot on web and found that rule regarding which date to consider as the start of 90days differs from state to state. In some state they consider notice date and in some they consider received date. So, I can;t say anything abt u as u didn't mention ur state.
The best thing is go to ur local INS and ask them. If they consider notice date (that means 12 Apr), go to ur bank and ask for your "OPT fee" check (the check u posted with ur application to INS). On the back of that check you can see ur SRC# and the date it got cleared. I am guessing that it will be arround 17 Feb (as ur received date is 10 feb). Take only the copy of that check (don't take "notice of action") with other required doc to INS.
What i wanna say is that they consider the copy of that cleared check and will consider that date (on ur check, the date check got cleared) as the 1st day.

I hope this will help you. Please post me any developments as I am also in the same situation . and please tell me ,which state are you in.

OPT

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have applied for my OPT in Tennessee state. I didn't send them a personal check but rather sent them a Money Order so I can't say for sure when they cashed it. My International office says I should consider from Apr 12th But I called BCIS and they said they would consider from recieved date(Feb 10th). I am still in the process of confirming most of the stuff.. but will let you know if some thing comes up.
--
Nag:confused:

It is always notice date. If I remember it right, the notice itself says clearly...that 90 days from the notice date mentioned above blah blah....

My understanding is, INS might be receiving hundreds of thousands of mails ...and your application/case is effectively taken in only when they open your envelope and feed data in the system. In other words, April date.

Am sorry guys, I know too that dealing with INS is ........no words...we all know...

I went to Memphis INS and recieved my temp OPT and they consider 90 days from recived date. Just wanted to share the info with you guys. ONe more thing it varies from center to center so be advised which INS you are going to get your interim EAD