Regarding K3 Visa application

pepen

Registered Users (C)
Just would like to know if I 864 (affidavit of support) necessary in filing for a K3 Visa? If it is necessary when is the time do the sponsor need to secure it during the filing or when the dependents are about to be interviewed at the embassy? I read on the BCIS website that I 864 is not required for a K3 Visa.

Documents needed to bring during K3 visa interview at the Embassy

For those of you who have experienced going through K3 application and have been interviewed. What the documents you need to bring to present to the consular officer during the interview at the embassy?

undefinedTo pepen,

Hello!I am here now in U.S and have a k3 visa also. Well, you have to show the affidavit of support to the consul when you have your interview. They will ask for that. I bring along with me also pictures and letters especially during the wedding to show it to the consuls. It is very important to show evidence that you are married. Sometimes they will asked you how you communicate so I bring along also telephone bills showing our calls.

I hope this helps u. :cool:

squeaky_1208

Hi Squeaky about the interview, I am hoping to hear soon about my wife getting an appointment for her K3 visas. Would like to know if they allow the sponsor (myself) to go with her to the interview?

hello acordova,

you can definitely go with your wife. my spouse was with me when i had my interview and it was so easy.no questions were asked as the consul says the evidence is here.goodluck!

squeaky_1208 or anybody

I'm waiting to hear something about either K3 or I130 and according to the online status of the I130 to be process it is close to my date.

I'm going to visit my wife by end of month and wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions that I can take and use while I'm there. I was thinking of going to the embassy to maybe bug somebody about my status if they knew anything. Also thinking I would like to have a meeting with somebody, has anyone ever tried this and if so how do I go about setting up a meeting?

can Anyone advice about my k3 situation

I sent I-130 for my wife as permanent resident and it was approved in 07/2004 and case is now in NVC but she cant get visa until I get citizenship which I will get next month hopefully, I want to apply K3 visa for her when I get my citizenship my question is should I sent both I-129F and request to upgrade the case or should I wait for upgrade notice and then send I 129f.
Please reply if someone has any information about this.